Can't save or change default savepath on daily build.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DjDiabolik

Can't save or change default savepath on daily build.

Post by DjDiabolik »

Android...8.1.0
On a tablet.. in this case it's a lenovo Tb-x304l
Android it's whiteout root access.

I have installed the current daily build over my previous ( a February 19 daily build).
For install this newest version I have need before uninstall the previous....no problems in that.

After the new install it's complete I have re-add all my games collection but I have immediately see I can't change the default, and ever used, save path.
Usually I set this:
/storage/emulated/0/ScummVM/Savegame

All my games it's located here:
/storage/emulated/0/ScummVM/Games

Apparently I can access this path by buit in file explorer but when I select it I obtain an error says this folder it's now writable.
I have try to set this folder as save path whit a specific games... In this case I can use to load the previous savegames but during play I see I can't made a new savegames.

How I can fix this issue?
DjDiabolik

Re: Can't save or change default savepath on daily build.

Post by DjDiabolik »

Nothings ???

Really the Android ports it has no support at all ?
golddustpeak

Post by golddustpeak »

Are you able to access the in-game or drop-down save menus?
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

golddustpeak wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:25 pm Are you able to access the in-game or drop-down save menus?
To tell the truth no because i can't change the default save path and i can set the path i used in the pass (but i don't remember the exact version).

I can say i have tryed to used the arm64 and the today arm android and in both when i try to set the savepath it's say somethings like "folder it's read only".

I have tryed to copy&paste the path.... no works.

I have tryed to put "/" and after select "sdcard" (but the tablet there's no have a really sdcard...i stay to try to use the internal space of tablet).
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

I have probably found a workaround:
Using Mixplorer app and the built-in "sign" feature.

I have "signed" the APK of today Android daily build and now..... Damn it's works!
Now I'm able to select my usually saves path and all works whiteout any trouble.

I have read it's a know fault... No Audio for all cd audio tracks also on .ogg and .mp3. I have also tried whit .flac file and all it's muted.... I tried whit "The Secret of Monkey island" Italian vga version.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

DjDiabolik wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:05 pm I have probably found a workaround:
Using Mixplorer app and the built-in "sign" feature.

I have "signed" the APK of today Android daily build and now..... Damn it's works!
Now I'm able to select my usually saves path and all works whiteout any trouble.

I have read it's a know fault... No Audio for all cd audio tracks also on .ogg and .mp3. I have also tried whit .flac file and all it's muted.... I tried whit "The Secret of Monkey island" Italian vga version.
Good to see that you figured out a workaround for the saves issue.

The audio stuff must be due to the (known) issue of the current daily builds not including support for a lot of the third party libraries. It is the next thing to be fixed in the list, but I don't have an ETA for it.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

DjDiabolik wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:05 pm I have read it's a know fault... No Audio for all cd audio tracks also on .ogg and .mp3. I have also tried whit .flac file and all it's muted.... I tried whit "The Secret of Monkey island" Italian vga version.
We updated the build process for our Android ports, so now the ogg, mp3, flac support should be back, as well as support for other stuff (cloud saves, lan folder access, true type fonts, bidirectional text, etc).

If you're still testing, try the latest development daily build for Android and let us know if the issue with the audio tracks is resolved.
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

Praetorian wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:29 pm
DjDiabolik wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:05 pm I have read it's a know fault... No Audio for all cd audio tracks also on .ogg and .mp3. I have also tried whit .flac file and all it's muted.... I tried whit "The Secret of Monkey island" Italian vga version.
We updated the build process for our Android ports, so now the ogg, mp3, flac support should be back, as well as support for other stuff (cloud saves, lan folder access, true type fonts, bidirectional text, etc).

If you're still testing, try the latest development daily build for Android and let us know if the issue with the audio tracks is resolved.
OMG..... the past week i'm "busy" because i'm on vacation in sardegna.
I will test immediatelly whit the currently daily build.... feedback in next hours..

*EDIT*
But what next hours .... i have TRYED IMMEDIATELLY and YEAH!!
It's works!!!! I have tryed right now whit the track in ogg............. if you want some test in next days i can also test whit mp3 track and whit the flac track but i need to trasfer all the track from my pc to this tablet (yes because on my pc i have the current Special Edition buyed from GOG store and from here you can extract/obtain a perfect TALKIE EDITION thanks to a homemade german project and you can use mp3 ogg or flac audio track).
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

DjDiabolik wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:21 pm OMG..... the past week i'm "busy" because i'm on vacation in sardegna.
I will test immediatelly whit the currently daily build.... feedback in next hours..

*EDIT*
But what next hours .... i have TRYED IMMEDIATELLY and YEAH!!
It's works!!!! I have tryed right now whit the track in ogg............. if you want some test in next days i can also test whit mp3 track and whit the flac track but i need to trasfer all the track from my pc to this tablet (yes because on my pc i have the current Special Edition buyed from GOG store and from here you can extract/obtain a perfect TALKIE EDITION thanks to a homemade german project and you can use mp3 ogg or flac audio track).
Thank you for the quick feedback. I'm glad it works!

I know about the Monkey Ultimate Talkie Editions (the creator LogicDeLuxe is a member on these forums too and may still be watching the threads here). They are awesome projects and I'm happy the community has people like LogicDeLuxe putting so much effort to create ultimate editions of favourite classic games.

If you're able to test with mp3 and flac in the future and it's not too much hassle, then please report back about how that went.
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

I have right now test monkey 1 vga whit audio track as flac... It's works whitout any trouble. On next days if I can I think I can also test whit mp3 tracks.

At right now ogg and flac it's works....