Indiana Jones and the last Crusade mouse controls

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

defendant

Indiana Jones and the last Crusade mouse controls

Post by defendant »

Hi all,

I've recently install Scummvm (version 2.0.0) on my android phone (HTC M8 ONE) and also Indiana Jones and the last crusade (VGA/DOS/English). I'm having issues setting up the mouse controls. I can't seem to move the pointer on the screen and automatically identify objects when hovering. On some of the other Lucas Arts adventure games I have installed, I can move the mouse/cursor around the screen and see the names of items and objects. Grateful for any help.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Indiana Jones and the last Crusade mouse controls

Post by Praetorian »

defendant wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 pm Hi all,

I've recently install Scummvm (version 2.0.0) on my android phone (HTC M8 ONE) and also Indiana Jones and the last crusade (VGA/DOS/English). I'm having issues setting up the mouse controls. I can't seem to move the pointer on the screen and automatically identify objects when hovering. On some of the other Lucas Arts adventure games I have installed, I can move the mouse/cursor around the screen and see the names of items and objects. Grateful for any help.
Indy 3 and a few other early LucasArts adventure games used a special verb, "What is" to identify objects on mouse-over. This verb did not do anything else. Just provide their short-description on the command line so that you could locate/identify them.

Without "What is" you won't get the item name when hovering over its hotspot area.

Have you already tried that?

By the way, this is not a specific thing for the Android port. It's inherent to the game itself.
defendant

Post by defendant »

Ah ok, yeah that works. It's been years since I played this.

Strange way to scan, but thank you for your help.

On another point, though perhaps this should be another post or one already posted. How do you get The Curse of Monkey Island talkie edition?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

defendant wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:32 pm On another point, though perhaps this should be another post or one already posted. How do you get The Curse of Monkey Island talkie edition?
I am not sure I understand the question. The Curse of Monkey Island is exclusively talkie, there's no text only version as far as I know.

Is there an issue with the game's sound on the Android port?
defendant

Post by defendant »

apologies I meant The Secret of Monkey Island
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

The original release of The Secret of Monkey Island does not have speech. The Special Edition release has speech, but is not supported by ScummVM. This Special Edition can be bought on GOG or Steam (see the notes below the table on the Where to get the games page on our wiki). There is a fan project to add the voice from the SE release to the original classic release, and play this in ScummVM. You can find some info about it on this thread.