Getting GOG Game's Blade Runner to Run

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ventrolloquist

Getting GOG Game's Blade Runner to Run

Post by ventrolloquist »

Hi guys. I just bought Blade Runner off GOG and can't get it to run using the scummvm app for android. It says something along the lines of "no game file found". The Blade Runner directory has a folder called Scummvm which I also tried directing the app to, but it also doesn't work. Looking through the folders for BR I can't find any executable type files.

Anyone know how to get this running?

As an aside, I have BASS running but cannot figure out how to drag/drop from the inventory. I've tried long hold. I've tried double tap and drag, nothing works. Does anyone know how to do it?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Getting GOG Game's Blade Runner to Run

Post by Praetorian »

ventrolloquist wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:33 am Hi guys. I just bought Blade Runner off GOG and can't get it to run using the scummvm app for android. It says something along the lines of "no game file found". The Blade Runner directory has a folder called Scummvm which I also tried directing the app to, but it also doesn't work. Looking through the folders for BR I can't find any executable type files.
Anyone know how to get this running?
For Blade Runner you will need a version of ScummVM Android that's on our site (2.1.0 or greater, or a development build 2.2.0git). The one of the Google Play Store does not support Blade Runner.

Please note that as of yet, the version of ScummVM Android app on the ScummVM site do not support upgrading from the Play Store version, therefore if you had that one already installed, your game configurations and save games location will be lost when upgrading to the new one.

For the GOG package of Blade Runner the game data are under a path similar to the following:

Code: Select all

<something-something-home-folder>/GOG Games/Blade Runner/game/data
As an aside, I have BASS running but cannot figure out how to drag/drop from the inventory. I've tried long hold. I've tried double tap and drag, nothing works. Does anyone know how to do it?
It's the "USE" action, so by default it's right mouse click or two fingers tap (tap first one finger then quickly tap another).

The new ScummVM versions have a keymapper (under global "Options..." as well as for the game specifically via the "Edit Game..." tabs) so you could in theory change this to something else.
ventrolloquist

Re: Getting GOG Game's Blade Runner to Run

Post by ventrolloquist »

Thank you so much for this, you've made my day 😊