2.1.1 interface issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nozomi

2.1.1 interface issues

Post by nozomi »

2.1.1 seems to have a broken ScummVM user interface when selecting anything other than the default "Stretch to window" graphics stretch mode. If "Center", "Pixel-perfect" or "fit to window" are selected, the user interface no longer aligns with touch or cursor usage. You have to select menu items by clicking or touching just to the right of where you normally would. This really becomes a more difficult issue when using the "touchpad mouse mode" as the cursor will at times need to be on the menu item to the right to what you want in order to select it.

The games play and respond to touch and mouse properly, just not the ScummVM interface. Both the games and the interface only work if the default "stretch to window" is selected.

I have tested this on a handful of ARM based phones all with different screen resolutions, and on an x86 build of Android running on a PC. All have the same issue. If more specifics regarding these devices are needed, I'd be happy to supply them.

I always used the "pixel-perfect" mode. With the current issue, ScummVM is not easy to navigate or make game specific changes with.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: 2.1.1 interface issues

Post by Praetorian »

nozomi wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:01 am 2.1.1 seems to have a broken ScummVM user interface when selecting anything other than the default "Stretch to window" graphics stretch mode. If "Center", "Pixel-perfect" or "fit to window" are selected, the user interface no longer aligns with touch or cursor usage. You have to select menu items by clicking or touching just to the right of where you normally would. This really becomes a more difficult issue when using the "touchpad mouse mode" as the cursor will at times need to be on the menu item to the right to what you want in order to select it.

The games play and respond to touch and mouse properly, just not the ScummVM interface. Both the games and the interface only work if the default "stretch to window" is selected.

I have tested this on a handful of ARM based phones all with different screen resolutions, and on an x86 build of Android running on a PC. All have the same issue. If more specifics regarding these devices are needed, I'd be happy to supply them.

I always used the "pixel-perfect" mode. With the current issue, ScummVM is not easy to navigate or make game specific changes with.
This has been somewhat of a known issue. I had it noted only for the "Pixel Perfect" mode. It helps to have more feedback for it.

Could you also check with the daily development builds 2.2.0git because I'm checking with a recent build now on two devices and I don't notice the issue anymore (maybe it got fixed by some commit).
nozomi

Post by nozomi »

The development build did indeed fix the issue. Thank you.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

nozomi wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:10 pm The development build did indeed fix the issue. Thank you.
Thank you too for testing. It's good to have a confirmation for this :)