I Have No Mouth... Shovel impossible to take.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

legionpsicotica

I Have No Mouth... Shovel impossible to take.

Post by legionpsicotica »

I am having what appears to be a glitch or bug playing a copy of this game on the latest build of ScummVM port for Android software on a 7" tablet. In Gorrister's segment near the end when you unveil the Shovel with the magnifying glass, when I attempt to take it, use it... Basically anything besides look at it, makes him jaunt out into the desert like a wild gazelle, ending the campaign. I have tried for hours to figure out how to get him to use it but it simply will not work for me. Has anyone come across this? I've tried changing the mouse click emulation settings, no dice. It really ruins what I felt like a pretty cool game, and having lugged through much of it without a walkthrough, this was extremely irritating to have happen.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: I Have No Mouth... Shovel impossible to take.

Post by digitall »

It has happened to me when playtesting the game for previous releases. The original game has quite a lot of scripting bugs and I think this is one of them i.e. this is not a ScummVM bug, but an original script one which we have not tracked down well enough to patch. IIRC you can avoid it and get the "best" ending, but once the game state is wrong, it stays wrong... :/
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: I Have No Mouth... Shovel impossible to take.

Post by md5 »

Sounds like a pathfinding bug. Do you have any saved game? Please file a bug in our bug tracker