2.1.0 Graphics Mode

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wolfs44

2.1.0 Graphics Mode

Post by wolfs44 »

ScummVM 2.1.0 does not offer any graphics modes on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Tablet except OpenGL. Button and font are so small that they can only be read with a magnifying glass. Also via scummvm.ini no change is possible. With ScummVM 2.0.0 everything is OK.
cnikiel

Re: 2.1.0 Graphics Mode

Post by cnikiel »

I tried the Scummvm Version 2.1.1 and have the very same problem on my android TV device.
Thanks for the hint about the older version 2.0 which works in may case as well.
The GUI font is extremely small and can not be read at all.
Only way for me to use the GUI in the 2.1.1 version is by knowing which button is where.
Would love to see someone look into this issue.
Thanks
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

cnikiel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:14 pm I tried the Scummvm Version 2.1.1 and have the very same problem on my android TV device.
Thanks for the hint about the older version 2.0 which works in may case as well.
The GUI font is extremely small and can not be read at all.
Only way for me to use the GUI in the 2.1.1 version is by knowing which button is where.
Would love to see someone look into this issue.
Thanks
Hi! Could you provide some more technical info about your Android TV?
1. What is the display resolution (in pixels by pixels)
2. What is the display density (in dpi; dots per inch)
3. What is the Android OS version it's running?

There's a cool little Android app in the Play Store named "Droid Hardware Info" that could provide that info for you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... info&hl=en

We have already implemented some fixes for this issue since 2.1.0 (the fixes are in the 2.1.1) but they could indeed be more expanded upon. We just need to have more feedback from people testing the development builds.
cnikiel

Post by cnikiel »

Well thank you for the very quick response.
It is a Full HD display so 1920x1080
The DPI is 43/44
The box is running Android 9

It is a Mecool KM3 box. Up to now a perfect little system.

One thing that might be connected to the display that is also slightly bothering me is the cursor.
The cross hair is shown as acursor, but the clickzone is the upper left corner (or even slightly outside of it) and not the center of the cross hair.
Makes positioning the cursor a bit awkward, but I can cope.

ScummVM is such a nice way to get nostalgic and it works flawlessly for the games themselves.
Thanks for the great work.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

cnikiel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:43 pm One thing that might be connected to the display that is also slightly bothering me is the cursor.
The cross hair is shown as a cursor, but the clickzone is the upper left corner (or even slightly outside of it) and not the center of the cross hair.
Makes positioning the cursor a bit awkward, but I can cope.
This is definitely some bug in the cursor behavior. It's not supposed to act like this. Also note that the crosshair cursor is only available in the classic theme, the other modern themes use an arrow cursor.
Do you see the rest of the themes as available?
I am thinking maybe there's some rogue/ awry/ old configuration file that's being used and might be causing this behavior.
cnikiel

Post by cnikiel »

I could see three themes.
2 modern ones and one classic.
The classic one was very dark, the cursor looked different (crosshair), but had the same issue. Just used the crosshair as an example. The pointer cursor also has the clickzone not where it was supposed to be.
The way I used it was to click and then move the mouse until the button was highlighted.

But that is a minor nuisance compared to not being able to read the text. ;-)
cnikiel

Post by cnikiel »

I tried the latest development release from yesterdays buildbot and still can not read the UI fonts.
The cursor seems to work better, at least I believe it does as everything is pretty small to click anyway.

Is anybody looking into the weirdly small font for the UI?

Thanks.