ScummVM 2.1.0 unavailable on Google Play Store

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM 2.1.0 unavailable on Google Play Store

Post by Bluddy »

If you've fixed the game save wipe issue, could you update the beta channel on the play store? It *is* beta for a reason...
chojin_TX

Post by chojin_TX »

Hi there!

i´m new to the forums

may i ask when does the fixed 2.1 or (2.1.1) version come back to google play store
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

chojin_TX wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:53 am Hi there!

i´m new to the forums

may i ask when does the fixed 2.1 or (2.1.1) version come back to google play store
Sorry, no ETA as of yet. We are working on it, though. It should be soon, but I can't estimate a date.
lovecrafthp

Post by lovecrafthp »

Is there a list with issues that are being worked on or is there maybe a single thread where you can report any issues? My main gripe is that 2.1.0 uses the standard Android keyboard which e.g. does not have any ESC or function keys making it impossible to access options/save/load/quit/... functions in most games.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this but I suppose the keys not registering is probably also the reason why pressing shift to enable Mass add isn't working for me.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

lovecrafthp wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:28 pm Is there a list with issues that are being worked on or is there maybe a single thread where you can report any issues? My main gripe is that 2.1.0 uses the standard Android keyboard which e.g. does not have any ESC or function keys making it impossible to access options/save/load/quit/... functions in most games.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this but I suppose the keys not registering is probably also the reason why pressing shift to enable Mass add isn't working for me.
We do have an internal list of issues that we're working on, but the public one is available if you filter our bug tracker issues by "Component: Port: Android".
Eg.
https://bugs.scummvm.org/query?status=c ... changetime

If your issue is not there, feel free to register a ticket for it.

Main priorities for the moment are crash issues and loss of configuration data and save files.

The keyboard issue is known and will probably be worked on before the re-release of the 2.1.
Diskach

Post by Diskach »

Hi,

First of all thanks for all the great work galls and guys!
OK, I have a few problems with the Android version.
I use ScummVM mainly on Shield TV with gamepad because using mouse is not convenient for me (I mean using mouse while I am laying on a couch :oops: ).
And the arrow/pointer is mapped to a right analogue stick in version 2.0.0. and on the left stick in version 2.1.0.
On both versions the pointer is way to slow, so slow that the games are unplayable. And there is no slider for sensitivity, which I would prefer, at least for gamepads on Android version. Also, while in 2.0.0. the cursor is slow, it moves normally/smooth, while in 2.1.0. it begins to move and then stops, and then moves sporadically while stuttering. Can you please fix the speed and smoothness of the cursor for the gamepad?
I also have the PS/Vita TV, and there mouse emulation while using gamepad is PERFECT, but Vita TV has much lower native resolution and looks far worse (on big TV screen, it looks great on handheld Vita) than Shield TV.
I also have all the other bugs on the newer version that You are already aware of.
I hope You would also bring back the 4:3 aspect ratio and the filters (hq2x,hq3x...) to Android version.

Thank You!
ccawley2011

Post by ccawley2011 »

Diskach wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:00 am I hope You would also bring back the 4:3 aspect ratio
The Android port still supports aspect ratio correction, however it won't take effect if the stretch mode is set to "Stretch to window". This can be changed in the Options menu.
zeropolis79

Post by zeropolis79 »

Sounds good - look forward to the update..

I use ScummVM on my laptop but Android helps me with it on the move (hoping the update is uploaded by the 23rd December as I've got a lengthy train journey on that day and right now, it doesn't load on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1).
chojin_TX

Post by chojin_TX »

good morning!

whats happening?

i wish for christmas a functional 2.1.0

that would be great....
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

chojin_TX wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:20 am good morning!

whats happening?

i wish for christmas a functional 2.1.0

that would be great....
Speaking for me, it's been too busy in real-life job the last couple of weeks, and weekends were spend on relaxing rather than working on the port.
I do want to have it ready for Christmas, meaning at least deal with the major known issues.

Btw, if they ran on your system, the daily android builds, now include full support for cloud saves, mt-32 emulation, and a few crash related fixes. Major stuff still missing (but are WIP) are potential loss of config file and loss of added games and save-games files (especially if upgrading from previous Play Store version), and some issues with Android 9+ .

Edit: If anyone's testing with the daily builds, please report any bugs you've encountered here or ideally on our bug tracker. At this point we're mostly interested on show-stopping bugs, ie. crashes, freezes or issues that make (certain) games unplayable.
lorien

Post by lorien »

Thank you so much Praetorian for what you are doing ... It would be a beautiful Christmas present! I still waiting for it! :)
larsjj

Post by larsjj »

Any news on this?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

larsjj wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:13 pm Any news on this?
I've pushed some fixes in the development build for Android last week that will be used as a basis for the issue of upgrading from an old config (previous app version) and compatibility with newer Android OS (9+).

If anyone's not upgrading from an old scummvm app, they could test the current development build (2.2.0git) for their smartphone and report any outstanding bugs and issues.

If, however, you are upgrading from an older version, then it's advisable to wait a bit more at least until we push a fix for the upgrade of the existing config file and saves location.

The pending tasks for the port(s) have also been organised so that we have a better view of how much work needs to be done yet.

As far as I know, we still don't have a dedicated porter for Android so any offers for help are appreciated!
drignor

Post by drignor »

Just out of curiosity, are there plans to bring back the functionality for the button on the stylus to work as a right click? I have a Galaxy Tab S4, and with the previous version, I was able to use the button on the stylus as a right click. I just installed 2.1.0 the other night from the downloads page, and noticed that I no longer have that functionality. Debating on whether or not to uninstall the new version and go back to the previous because if I can't get the stylus button to work, it's a major dealbreaker in 2.1.0.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

drignor wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:00 pm Just out of curiosity, are there plans to bring back the functionality for the button on the stylus to work as a right click? I have a Galaxy Tab S4, and with the previous version, I was able to use the button on the stylus as a right click. I just installed 2.1.0 the other night from the downloads page, and noticed that I no longer have that functionality. Debating on whether or not to uninstall the new version and go back to the previous because if I can't get the stylus button to work, it's a major dealbreaker in 2.1.0.
Hello!

Please use the bug tracker to report such issues, especially when they are regressions from previous behavior.

I wasn't even aware that there were problems with using a stylus with the new Android app (and personally I don't have a stylus to test this).

By reporting this on the tracker, it's far more likely that some developer will notice it and try to fix it.