DOTT in 2.1.0 SDL Disabled system call error

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mac_es

DOTT in 2.1.0 SDL Disabled system call error

Post by mac_es »

Hello,

I can't run DOTT in my version of ScummVM, it crashes. All other games I tried works.

As I have a compiled by me version, I don't want to open a bug report without checking with a official version. Also installing the official version will require to remove my versino completly (different signers).

Could someone try to run DOTT with Android Pie?

I got a crash just after starting the intro (the blue spiral). The same files (I have checked the hashes) works fine in a PC.
I'm running in :

Phone:
  • Samsung S9 stock firmware (latest). Android 9, Security patch March 1
My build:
  • 2.1.0git (April 2 2019)
  • In about shows: TAINTED, Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, RGB, zLIB, MPEG2, Fluidsynth, Theora, FreeType 2, JPEG, PNG, virtualk keyboard, cloud (servers,local)
  • My source changes: Added detection entries (translated games), and some logic modifiers (not in DOTT) for skipping some checks in comparations
For example in Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis I can run it flawlessly with fluidsynth, mt32emu ....

In DOTT I got an error in logcat regarding a sys call:

seccomp prevented call to disallowed arm64 system call 116

In can't determine which is the faulty library and why is only failing in DOTT... Could be possible to add more verbosity to the log ? (Logcat or scummvm.log)

Cheers
mac_es

Re: DOTT in 2.1.0 SDL Disabled system call error

Post by mac_es »

Ok, I narrowed to EAS driver. If I use another one it runs. So it is not completely broken as on another devices but it is broken...

Looking for a workaround I see another projects compile it as static library.
goetz

Post by goetz »

You were asking the general question whether someone can run DOTT on Android Pie. Here is my answer, even though it is a slightly different version of ScummVM than the one you are using. :)

Yes, DOTT runs fine for me on Android Pie (Device: Google Pixel 2, Android 9 with 2019-04-15 patch level). Version of ScummVM is the latest from the Play Store (2.0.0), DOTT is the German version.

A ferw months ago, I played it from the beginning to the end without any glitches or issues.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Thanks! Could look into the Audio driver you are using? I can't play it with Embedded Audio Synthesis device

cheers
goetz

Post by goetz »

I am using the standard settings for audio, all defaults, and no midi. For the text/speech options, subtitles is enabled, but speech disabled. I believe I also removed the speech files some time ago to save memory. However, music and sound are working fine.

Hope that helps
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

mac_es wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:52 am Embedded Audio Synthesis device
I just tested it. Using this audio device results in a crash.

Galaxy Tab S4 with Pie