Compiling SDL Error

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cirno

Re: Compiling SDL Error

Post by Cirno »

No chance either.

Can you describe your steps completely from scratch? I must be doing something wrong at the beginning.
naquaada
Got a warning

Post by naquaada »

I have a Wacom Cintiq Hybrid and ScummVM 1.9 and 2.0 are crashing directly after the SDL screen. Android 1.8.1 works, but it has no real touchscreen.

This probably rare device which also acts as a Wacom Cintiq graphics tablet has Android 4.2.1 installed and an 'asterix' quadcore with up to 1.8 GHz. The command set is armeabiv7a. It would be too bad if ScummVM wouldn't work on it because it has a real stylus, four keys and a D-Pad. It also has a real USB port, so no need for flimsy adapters.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Cirno wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:53 pm No chance either.
@mim2011 already pointed this out, but did you try to checkout the problematic iconv module to the version (07bead221ed4fa61cc8d880db3d9a5e704866097) that is confirmed to be compiling ok?

So for example, if you already have androidsdl checked out (version d378ee692f2e380a0ab0635c1df2eb6941b5bf58) in androidsdl , then run:

Code: Select all

cd androidsdl/project/jni/iconv/src
git checkout 07bead221ed4fa61cc8d880db3d9a5e704866097
Also, as mentioned in this topic disable cloud saving support by using "--disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet --disable-cloud" for the configure line in scummvm/dists/androidsdl/scummvm/AndroidBuild.sh

$ANDROIDSDL/project/jni/application/setEnvironment-$1.sh sh -c "cd scummvm/bin-$1 && env LIBS='-lflac -lvorbis -logg -lmad -lz -lgcc -ltheora -lpng -lfreetype -lfaad -lgnustl_static' ../configure --host=androidsdl-$1 --enable-zlib --enable-vorbis --enable-mad --enable-flac --enable-png --enable-theoradec --enable-vkeybd --disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet --disable-cloud --enable-release --enable-all-engines --enable-mt32emu --disable-readline --disable-nasm --disable-timidity --disable-fluidsynth --datadir=. "
And remove "curl" and "sdl_net" from "CompiledLibraries" in scummvm/dists/androidsdl/scummvm/AndroidAppSettings.cfg

CompiledLibraries="mad vorbis flac ogg jpeg png theora freetype faad"
Then run build.sh

Alternatively you could edit your build.sh to do the above commands itself.

Also use NDK r15c. Not a newer one.
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Thank you Praetorian and mac_es.
I now fail at icu and xlocale.

Considering the checkout version: How do I find out which version I need? Where did you get that information from?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Cirno wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:54 pm Thank you Praetorian and mac_es.
I have opened a Pull Request with minor updates for the androidsdl port -- basically what we've already said here, but with an updated how_to_build.txt with more detailed instructions which I've tested the last few days with a clean lubuntu 16.04.6 LTS installation.
Hopefully, those will work for you, too.

I'm not sure about your particular issue, though. I didn't get such error during my build.

Maybe you could wait for the PR to be merged and then try with a clean slate.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that building ScummVM especially for all engines and all target architectures will require a significant amount of free disk space (and of time) -- the ScummVM folder can get up to around 5.7 GB (maybe more) currently it seems.
Considering the checkout version: How do I find out which version I need? Where did you get that information from?
I guess, personally, I was lucky with this one. I compiled ScummVM androidsdl port last August using a Linux VM and so I had the correct versions checked out. And those were confirmed by @mim2011 post, too.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Cirno wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:54 pm Thank you Praetorian and mac_es.

mac_es wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:23 am Try getting into project/jni/iconv/src and running ./build.sh

Maybe you will get an error compiling icu http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/ticket/13385
Then you should modify for including locale.h and not xlocale.h in i18n/digitlst.cpp

When it finish, you should run again in ~/androidsdl/changeAppSettings.sh
I can't check now the version. But it should compile doing the change in digitlst.cpp as I said before. What I did is modify the build.sh so after doing the untar of icu source do a sed to modify xlocale to locale or update the icu source to a newer one
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Also I changed:

upgraded gradle to a newer one because some errors in packaging
Modify build.sh for the gradle new paths
Modify build.sh for the signing algorithm. Because md5 and sha1 launches a warning of play protect
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Thank you all for your insight. It's quite reassuring to know that not everything has been my mistake :lol: :roll:

I will try to tackle it this week and see if I can accomplish my own build.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

The pull request has been merged with the ScummVM master branch today, so you could try following the (also updated today) instructions in the wiki:
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?titl ... ndroid-SDL

It takes a while to compile and also needs lots of free space but I've followed the steps detailed in that wiki page a few times now and the build process completes successfully. Unfortunately, I can't as of yet guarantee that it will necessarily work on other Operating Systems or newer Ubuntu versions.
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Worked like a charm :D

Another question:
Do I have to edit some file to activate engines like Blade Runner or Chewy? Those 2 engines don't recognize the files.
mim2011

Post by mim2011 »

Cirno wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:42 pm Worked like a charm :D

Another question:
Do I have to edit some file to activate engines like Blade Runner or Chewy? Those 2 engines don't recognize the files.
yes you have to edit scummvm/dists/androidsdl/scummvm/AndroidBuild.sh change the options for ./configure there
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

mim2011 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:55 am
Cirno wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:42 pm Worked like a charm :D

Another question:
yes you have to edit scummvm/dists/androidsdl/scummvm/AndroidBuild.sh change the options for ./configure there
If you want all the engines (search for configure line):

../configure --enable-all-engines --disable-engine=testbed 
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

And thank you again :)