Relative mouse not working in 2.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Wizard Of Odd

Relative mouse not working in 2.0

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Hey, I haven't used ScummVM in a looooong time, but just downloaded it for my Android Sony Xperia XZ1. I noticed it was stuck in touch pad mode (as in the cursor jumps to where I touch the screen) as opposed to track pad mode where the mouse movement is relative to where I drag.

I've searched a bit, and tried the Adlib midi thing to change it, and also changed the setting on start up but nothing works. I've tried each method on its own, and also together. I've restarted and even reinstalled ScummVM after each change, but still no joy.

It basically makes Sam And Max impossible to play as you can't see what you're doing.

Would anyone be able to let me know if there's a fix, or if you're aware of the problem?

Thank you :)
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: Relative mouse not working in 2.0

Post by digitall »

That hack using the Adlib MIDI button has been removed and it now has a specific control option in the Android port. See:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/comm ... b8895551bd
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Ah thanks, yeah that's what I'm saying, it doesn't work for me. It doesn't activate track pad mode even when I select it on the start up settings.
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Sorry, I am an idiot! I've got it working. I was trying to change it via the setting menu that pops up before the app properly loads. I found the setting within the app itself now! Sorry!!
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Ah. The v2.0.0 build was made using the Android SDL backend, rather than the older Android backend. That correction was made to the older Android backend which is what the buildbot also produces for nightly builds:
https://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

I suggest try installing that instead?
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Ah good. Glad you got it working.
geoffj

Post by geoffj »

I tried both the buildbot build and the version from the playstore and I can get relative mouse working in both builds. However in the playstore version mouse movement is rather choppy and not smooth at all and feels kind of jumpy, while in the buildbot version it's totally smooth. I also can't seem to get on screen buttons to work in the playstore version because I set up a button for right mouse but pressing it in a game doesn't do anything. For now I think I will prefer the buildbot version because the mouse feels much better but I would love to see this fixed in the official build and the onscreen buttons too.

edit: I can't seem to access my folder structure in the buildbot version. :? I guess that means I have to stick to the other version.