Toonstruck

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Azhrei

Toonstruck

Post by Azhrei »

I'm trying to install Toonstruck in ScummVM for Android (using 1.5.0 that I downloaded from the Play store) but it won't pick it up. I've got the ACT1, ACT2 and MISC folders copied from the discs, but no matter what I do ScummVM cannot find the game. I've looked around and a few other people have had the issue but have resolved it in a manner that is not working for me. My device is an Onda VI40 Ultimate tablet (1GHz A10, 1GB DDR3).

I also have an issue where ScummVM can't exit out of the internal storage to find the sdcard, so I have to install my games there. This is hardly ideal with the limited space. Any tips?

Edit - Never mind, got it! Seems ScummVM has changed a little since I last used it on Android. Any takers on the second problem?
Azhrei

Post by Azhrei »

So that's a no, huh?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

Azhrei wrote:So that's a no, huh?
Your question doesn't make much sense; there's only one filesystem root on the device, and that root is always internal storage, so you can never 'exit' out of it.

Usually SD cards are mounted under /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard, but it looks like on an Onda VI40 Ultimate it's under /mnt/extsd by default.
BolinH

Post by BolinH »

fuzzie wrote:
Usually SD cards are mounted under /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard, but it looks like on an Onda VI40 Ultimate it's under /mnt/extsd by default.
Can this path be changed?
Last edited by BolinH on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azhrei

Post by Azhrei »

fuzzie wrote:
Azhrei wrote:So that's a no, huh?
I'm aware of this, but there's no way in Scumm that I can see to navigate to /extsd, it only shows the onboard storage file system and nothing else. I was wondering if there's something I'm missing because storing games on only 8GB of storage space is hardly ideal.
Azhrei

Post by Azhrei »

Bump...
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Azhrei wrote:Bump...
At which path is the external filesystem mounted? I am not familiar with the Android port, but I would think that you just navigate to the root (/) and then to the path, where the external storage is mounted. But maybe that doesn't work and if it doesn't work what's the problem?
Azhrei

Post by Azhrei »

As fuzzie said earlier, by default the path to the sd card on my tablet is /mnt/extsd. If I choose to say, add a game on the sd card, the only option I have is to go up through each folder until I get to the base folder of the internal memory - there is no option anywhere to switch to the sd card, there is no path where I can type the address, nothing. All Scummvm allows me to do is "Go up", and that's absolutely useless when I want my games to be on the sd card and not on the tiny amount of onboard storage my tablet has.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Azhrei wrote:As fuzzie said earlier, by default the path to the sd card on my tablet is /mnt/extsd. If I choose to say, add a game on the sd card, the only option I have is to go up through each folder until I get to the base folder of the internal memory - there is no option anywhere to switch to the sd card, there is no path where I can type the address, nothing. All Scummvm allows me to do is "Go up", and that's absolutely useless when I want my games to be on the sd card and not on the tiny amount of onboard storage my tablet has.
I suppose this isn't working like standard Linux then, usually the top level directory is "/", thus if you continue to go up till it doesn't allow you to go up anymore you should hit that. And from there you can navigate to "mnt" and then to "extsd" and that should be your SD card then.

I'm confused why you want to have an option to switch to the SD card though. On UNIX like systems everything is in one file tree, where "/" is the base. Other storages like your sd card are "mounted" into this at subdirectories. Thus in your case if you want to switch to the sdcard you navigate from "/" to the mount point, which is "/mnt/extsd" in your case.

So it would be still nice to see where this fails. Can't you navigate to the root ("/") via "Go up"? Is there no "mnt" directory present there? Is the "extsd" directory not present in "/mnt"? Is it empty?