No SD Card

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kaysow

No SD Card

Post by kaysow »

Just got myself a HTC One S, and the first thing I got for it was ScummVM, but like so many emulators for smartphones, it only reads from a SD card, which this phone doesn't support. Is there a way to access the directories and folders on the phone instead, or alternately mount a fake SD card (alá Daemon tools)?
goetz

Post by goetz »

Don't know about later builds, but in the current Google Play Store version (1.4.0) you can select all directories that the app has access to (allowed by Android OS).

If the HTC One S does not have an SDcard, it should have some form of USB memory that can be accessed via USB cable. You should only find out where to find it on the device using a file manager and then you can point ScummVM to it. It could be something like /mnt/sdcard or /sdcard or /data/media
kaysow

Post by kaysow »

1.4.0 is what I'm using. Played around with it some more and got to access the right files, so it's possible. Still very new to smartphones =) Thanks.
crasic

Post by crasic »

I have the most recent google play release and when I select "new game" it lets me browse the whole directory tree of the phone.

Keep in mind that the directory hierarchy for android phones is not like what you are used to on windows, seperate drives aren't indicated by C:, D:, etc. but as folders in the root file system. The external sdcard on my phone is mounted at /sdcard2/ and /sdcard/ is the internal flash memory that the device presents that gets presented to my computer when you plug it in.

Since you don't have an external memory card, try looking in /sdcard/