Broken Swords II

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rico

Broken Swords II

Post by rico »

Hello togehter,

i have a problem with Broken Swords II. I have downloaded the Game and unpacked at my PC. Than i copied the "data.b25c" to my Phone. ScummVm 1.4 is installed also the broken2 plugin.

When i want to search the Game i got the message:

"Cannot find any games in that directory"

Any Idea what to do?

Thanks and regards

Rico
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

You're mixing Broken Sword 2.5 (a fan game you downloaded) with Broken Sword II. BS 2.5 is not yet supported, however you can run the game with daily builds. The engine name is sword25.

Eugene
rico

Post by rico »

ok, thanks for information.

But now the next Problem: I´m totally new in these area and so i need to know how i can add the sword25 engine to my smartphone. Which tools do i need?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

Broken Sword 2.5 does not run efficiently enough in ScummVM to be playable on a smartphone.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

Actually, sorry, I tried it again and that is not true: if you skip past the videos, then in-game it's fairly playable on my Tegra 2 Android device (at least with a v7a build).

You can grab a daily build from our buildbot, but beware that Android won't let you install any ScummVM packages from buildbot until you've removed all the non-buildbot ones.
rico

Post by rico »

fuzzie wrote: You can grab a daily build from our buildbot, but beware that Android won't let you install any ScummVM packages from buildbot until you've removed all the non-buildbot ones.
can you explain that a little more? a to-do list step by step to make it run?

Thanks
rico

Post by rico »

Ok, now i got it to load the game into scummvm. But now it shows me: failure, unsupported color mode ( HTC desire hd). Any answers for this Problem?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

rico wrote:But now it shows me: failure, unsupported color mode ( HTC desire hd).
Well: You need an 800x600 display, so the screen on an HTC Desire HD is too small to play it at full size.

It seems it doesn't work on unpatched ScummVM master with Android anyway, so this is a bit pointless, argh: you could try the unofficial SDL port.
rico

Post by rico »

Information for You: With unofficial SDL port it is working with only one Problem:

The graphic size is very big, and it is not possible to reduce it! I mean the graphic size of the SDL Programm itself and the game (you have to scroll to see all the screen.)

In the Options of the SDL i could not find an option to reduce the size and the "two-finger-zoom" is not working.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Out of curiosity, what would be a more acceptable solution to you? Scaling down the image?
That may result in lost (or unreachable) pixels.

The game has 800x600 pixels, your device doesn't have enough (I have the same problem in the maemo port (where the devices only have 800x480 pixels) so that's why I am chiming in
Last edited by tsoliman on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robboten

Post by robboten »

rico wrote:Information for You: With unofficial SDL port it is working with only one Problem:

The graphic size is very big, and it is not possible to reduce it! I mean the graphic size of the SDL Programm itself and the game (you have to scroll to see all the screen.)

In the Options of the SDL i could not find an option to reduce the size and the "two-finger-zoom" is not working.
Try to look under mouse emulation and choose another mode. It sound to me like u use the tiny mode...