Black screen when startin simon1 and where is the manual?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

crazy_achmed

Black screen when startin simon1 and where is the manual?

Post by crazy_achmed »

Hi,
iam tring to install ScummVM on a HTC Wildfire S and play some games, but i did not found any manual or howto on this website!
Is there some tutorial somewhere?

I managed to find ouf how to install the 1.3.0 on the phone i think but when trying to start Simon 1 i just get a black screen!

Then by reading thought the forums i read that there are plugins or other apk files needed for (some?) games like tinsel.apk but no manual!

What are the needed plugins?
What games need plugins?
Why is not Simon 1 running?
Why is not there a manual?

please help
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Black screen when startin simon1 and where is the manual

Post by fuzzie »

crazy_achmed wrote:I managed to find ouf how to install the 1.3.0 on the phone i think but when trying to start Simon 1 i just get a black screen!
The Android release isn't really supported yet. There will be a stable Android Market release on about November 11th.

The Simon 1 demo works fine for me, though... If the game showed up in the list after 'Add Game' then you don't need a plugin. So something is probably going wrong.

If you install the app 'aLogcat' then you can get the error log from your phone - if you run it after Simon 1 fails to start, then you can save the log and give us a copy of the ScummVM lines, which should say what's going wrong.