Touchscreen mode for Samsung Galaxy S2?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

phunimator

Touchscreen mode for Samsung Galaxy S2?

Post by phunimator »

Hi There,

Just wanted to say I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S2, and found Scummvm works great on here, but it seems to be only stuck in touchpad mode (i.e moving your finger around the screen to push the cursor).

Is there any option for touchscreen mode (cursor going to where finger is pressed)?

Also, one of the new things with the Galaxy S2 is that when you connect a mouse, either by USB-OTG, or bluetooth, a little cursor appears on the screen! I was wondering if this could be implemented into Scummvm for android, as it would be great! Only problem I see is that right-click on the mouse is the back button, which will probably throw you out of Scummvm lol.
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

Here's how you change it:

"the mode can be toggled with the "Mixed AdLib/MIDI mode" on the MIDI tab in ScummVM's own option dialog."

Taken from the wiki here:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android

edit:

That setting is on the main screen of SCUMMVM, not while playing a game. It may require a restart as well, but not sure on that.
robboten

Post by robboten »

Did you ever manage to change it? I've tried the Midi-thing but no change here (S2 too)...
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

robboten wrote:Did you ever manage to change it? I've tried the Midi-thing but no change here (S2 too)...
You have to restart (quit and re-launch) the ScummVM application, as noted on the wiki page, and you have to do it with the *Options* button on the launcher (start) screen. If that really doesn't work, please do tell.

I'll go put some friendlier documentation there now.

(I'll also try and find someone with a bluetooth mouse and try and get that working!)
robboten

Post by robboten »

Ah, good! Now it works! Thanks!

Played through the whole PQ1 VGA version yesterday evening, driving was very hard with relative mode. Should have asked earlier... ;)
But it was really fun and only crashed twice (+one time when I got a call).

I'm so happy with the port, thank you so much all who worked on it! Now I only wish for Gabriel Knight to work too, but some day I'm sure it will! :)