ScummVM-SDL v1.4.0git

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

markronz

ScummVM-SDL v1.4.0git

Post by markronz »

Hello everyone, I just set up ScummVM-SDL v1.4.0git on my new Android tablet. So far, from what I can tell it works great. But I haven't played for too long just yet. I did have one initial question though.

There are four virtual buttons that appear on the ScummVM window. There's a Ab button which lets you input using the normal tablet keyboard apparently. I am fine with this button. What I don't get though, is there are three numbered buttons: 1, 2 and 3.

Can anyone tell me what these three buttons are used for? Also, if there's a way to disable them? Just seems like with games like DOTT, those buttons might be in the way of the clickable items on the screen (though I have not verified that yet).

Let me know if you need me to clarify anything! Thanks!
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

This buttons can be disable in SDL-settings.
Change sdl-settings possble when SDL-logo displayed when start app
robboten

Post by robboten »

I have mapped 1 and 2 as left and right click, that way I don't click on anything by mistake and can align the cursor easier. It took a while to get used to but now it works really well.

I tried a long time to set up right click as set up default by putting another finger or long-press, but I couldn't get neither to work.
robboten

Post by robboten »

I love this release! Thought I'd just leave a little report of my experience for others.

I have now played through all of the following from start to end:

Monkey Island 1 and 2
LSL1 VGA
Daggar of Amon Ra
Police quest 1 VGA
Beneath a Steel Sky
Day of the Tentacle
Space Quest 5
Gabriel Knight 1 (crasches a lot but if u save u can continue)

Have tried following that works really good:
Kyrandia 1
Broken Sword 1
Maniac Mansion
Discworld 1
Kings Quest 5
Full Throttle
Loom
The Dig
Police Quest 3

The only one I have tried that doesn't really work that good is Space Quest 6, but that doesn't even work on my PC with dosbox so...
:D
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

robboten wrote:I have now played through all of the following from start to end:

Gabriel Knight 1 (crasches a lot but if u save u can continue)
(...)
The only one I have tried that doesn't really work that good is Space Quest 6, but that doesn't even work on my PC with dosbox so...
:D
Neither GK1 nor SQ6 are supported yet, so it's understandable that you're having issues with them.
robboten

Post by robboten »

md5 wrote: Neither GK1 nor SQ6 are supported yet, so it's understandable that you're having issues with them.
Yes I know, thats why I was so happy when it worked at all!

SQ6 is playable, but the colors are all wrong and the sounds are crap. But GK1 looked and sounded really good, no problems except those crasches. So it's a good start anyway! :)
robboten

Post by robboten »

Is there a good way to configure this port to use BT-mouse in Full Throttle? I have now conf. it as a left click but in this game you are supposed to hold this button and choose from the menu. This doesn't work as the click is registered as only just a click. It does work if playing by touch screen, put only if u use one finger to hold and the other to drag. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

robboten,
You can try reconfigure mouse click in SDL-Setting
Try 'Normal', 'Tap', or 'Tap or Hold' mode
One of this mode can correct work with BT or usb mouse
Geeve

Post by Geeve »

Edit, figured it out.