Need help with loading games into scummvm

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RaguTom

Need help with loading games into scummvm

Post by RaguTom »

Hello all,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
I currently use ScummVM on PC, Wii, and Windows Mobile (playing The Dig and MI:1 was very fun on a handheld!)
I must say THANK YOU to the Developers...you guys are doing fantastic.

I got myself an Android table (ZT-180 cheapy) It is running 2.3 and rooted. I installed ScummVM from the market and copied my LOAD of games over to my SDcard. I started up MI:1 and it worked great.....except that I cant stand how it doesnt follow your finger and there is no right click in that release..

So the problem now: I downloaded the "stable" Nightly Build...which I am very familiar with unpacking and running on my other platforms.

I CANNOT get games to add to my list!!! i installed scummvm.apk and I got nothing "Cannot find any games in that directory"

I then installed scummvm_plugin_teenagent.apk....I was able to get teen agent in the list.....But I thought the "individual plugins" were unnecessary to install since scummvm.apk had all of the engines (maybe I am mistaken)
If this is the case which engine is required for MI:1 and Fate of atlantis and some others. (I tried installing ScummVM_Plugin_Scumm.apk but that didnt help.)

In addition, maybe this isnt just MY android system, but the Options menu at the top is chopped off, it says "raphic"

And this should be ALL tablets, there is no shift key to do a mass-add of games, and when i activate my onscreen keyboard to type a shift.....it hides the buttons at the bottom.... "add game..." "quit" etc.

This tablet does have two Hardware buttons "one deemed menu and one deemed home" along with Power and Back....There might be a hack to be able to remap the hardware buttons... but i havent looked yet

Thanks Guys!!! :D
Tom
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

For the nightly builds you must indeed install the necessary engine plugins seperately. So if you want to play Monkey Island (or any other SCUMM game) just install the plugin-scumm in addition to the main ScummVM app and it should work fine, at least it does for me...
RaguTom

Post by RaguTom »

Interesting....I had already installed plugin scumm and it still didnt work.....But I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it and now it works!!!

I did run into a second issue.....This might already be established as a No No.....I installed ALL the plug ins....and scumm wouldnt load.....it brought up the loading progress bar then when it was done it just went blank.

Also, Is The 7th Guest running through android yet?? I know i can load it on PC just fine.

Tom
RaguTom

Post by RaguTom »

Ignore my comment about T7G I didnt have the groovie engine installed.
drumhead

Post by drumhead »

Hi There,
I am having the same problem, trying to instally the Nightly build 1.4.0 (Aug 29 2011) on my ASUS TF101.
I have installed Scummvm.apk, then installed scummvm-engine-scumm.apk,but there is no way I can get MI (I am trying the FMTOWNS) to load, or Passport to adventure..

Instead I was able to load the FMTOWNS on the latest ScummVM downloaded from the android market (1.3) but it crashed right after the intro..

Any tip ?

thanks !

chrisis wrote:For the nightly builds you must indeed install the necessary engine plugins seperately. So if you want to play Monkey Island (or any other SCUMM game) just install the plugin-scumm in addition to the main ScummVM app and it should work fine, at least it does for me...