The Secret of Monkey Island - auto select context

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

oskaremil

The Secret of Monkey Island - auto select context

Post by oskaremil »

I seem to remember from the PC version that double clicking an item would select context automatically, like double clicking a poster would trigger "Look at" poster and double clicking a person would trigger "Talk to" person.

I cannot get this to work on the Android port, am I missing something or am I simply not remembering correctly?

Using ScummVM 1.3 for Android
Samsung Galaxy S2
Installed the Scumm plugin from Android Market after installing the main application but I have no idea if it is currently used by ScummVM or not.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Secret of Monkey Island - auto select context

Post by eriktorbjorn »

oskaremil wrote:I seem to remember from the PC version that double clicking an item would select context automatically, like double clicking a poster would trigger "Look at" poster and double clicking a person would trigger "Talk to" person.
If I remember correctly (I don't have the game on this computer) it's right-clicking, not double-clicking. I assume there is a way to do that on the Android port, but I have no personal experience with it.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Well, to give you a heads up: In the current official release (1.3.0), it's fully supported and there are several ways to do a right click and trigger the default action in Monkey Island 1:

- Move the mouse cursor to the object and hit the device's search button

- Move the mouse cursor to the object and tap the screen with two fingers (multi touch)

Both are tested and working with MI1 on my Wildfire S, but I doubt that there is a way for devices without multitouch and without search key.

HTH, Goetz
Lan

Post by Lan »

goetz wrote:Well, to give you a heads up: In the current official release (1.3.0), it's fully supported and there are several ways to do a right click and trigger the default action in Monkey Island 1:

- Move the mouse cursor to the object and hit the device's search button

- Move the mouse cursor to the object and tap the screen with two fingers (multi touch)

Both are tested and working with MI1 on my Wildfire S, but I doubt that there is a way for devices without multitouch and without search key.

HTH, Goetz
awesome - I thought I dreamed that once upon a time
Lan

Re: The Secret of Monkey Island - auto select context

Post by Lan »

oskaremil wrote: Using ScummVM 1.3 for Android
Samsung Galaxy S2
Installed the Scumm plugin from Android Market after installing the main application but I have no idea if it is currently used by ScummVM or not.
Do you have the really old version from the market?

from the apk here (apart from the nightly) I didn't think you needed any engines/plugins from the market. (and the nightly included them in the package anyway)
oskaremil

Post by oskaremil »

Multitouch worked like a charm :-)