Full Throttle

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fugazo

Full Throttle

Post by fugazo »

Hi,

does anybody know how to bybass the demolition derby scene in Full Throttle? There is some combination of keys that is supposed to work (Shift+V or ESC) but entered with the android keyboard it just would not work.

btw. the newer builds ScummVM work fantastic on my Acer Iconia A500 device. It seems like perfect for reviving some of the old games I loved so much :)

Cheers,
Hannes
der_gabe

Full Throttle

Post by der_gabe »

Hello,

same problem here. The demolition derby scene is virtually unplayable with a touchscreen. I remember it needing some time on the PC, but it was doable after getting used to the controls. As far as I can make out the cars rotation is controlled by how far left or right on the screen the mouse cursor is, the car accelerates on pressing the left mouse button (i.e. tapping) and goes backwards on pressing the right one (i.e. tapping with search button pressed). On a touch screen you can't move the cursor without tapping (i.e. clicking) and moving it with the hardware keyboards left-and-right buttons is too slow.

I'm a complete newbie to ScummVM, as such I'm impressed how well it works in the first place. I looked around a bit, managed to get into the Debugging Console and even to switch rooms, but it's no good as the icon stays in the shape of the little car and only the background changes...

Help would be appreciated, if I do come up with something better myself I will post instructions and/or a savegame here.

Cheers,
Gabe
der_gabe

Full Throttle

Post by der_gabe »

Hello again,

here is something that worked for me:
I played Full Throttle in ScummVM on my Linux PC and played through the Demolition Derby. I saved the game during the cutscene right after I jumped my car on the car of the two baddies, i.e. after the unplayable part is over.
I then transferred the savegame to my Android device. I had to copy it from the SD-card to the following directory:

/data/data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm/app_saves/

This is in the device's memory, so you need to be root to do that. The saved game then showed up in the game's "load" screen and continued from the right spot in the cutscene.

My saves are here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i1vdvdy67q4e4
These are from the German version of the game (named "Vollgas"). To get them to work in the English version, you would need to adjust the filenames, at the very least. Just change "ft-de" to "ft". Also note, that the file extension tells you where to find the game in the "load"screen. I changed the extensions here to ".s51" and ".s52", so you'd have to scroll down to entries 51 and 52, but at least you wouldn't overwrite your own saves. Still no guarantee this will work, though...
fugazo

Re: Full Throttle

Post by fugazo »

der_gabe wrote:Hello again,

here is something that worked for me:
I played Full Throttle in ScummVM on my Linux PC and played through the Demolition Derby. I saved the game during the cutscene right after I jumped my car on the car of the two baddies, i.e. after the unplayable part is over.
I then transferred the savegame to my Android device. I had to copy it from the SD-card to the following directory:

/data/data/org.inodes.gus.scummvm/app_saves/

This is in the device's memory, so you need to be root to do that. The saved game then showed up in the game's "load" screen and continued from the right spot in the cutscene.

My saves are here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i1vdvdy67q4e4
These are from the German version of the game (named "Vollgas"). To get them to work in the English version, you would need to adjust the filenames, at the very least. Just change "ft-de" to "ft". Also note, that the file extension tells you where to find the game in the "load"screen. I changed the extensions here to ".s51" and ".s52", so you'd have to scroll down to entries 51 and 52, but at least you wouldn't overwrite your own saves. Still no guarantee this will work, though...
Thank you very much for your help! I can get the savegames to show up but scummvm crashes a few moments after loading it... gotta check later if more adjustments can be made to the files to make them work for the english version.
der_gabe

Full Throttle

Post by der_gabe »

It could be a problem with incompatible ScummVM versions, but I think that's unlikely, except if you have a very old version of ScummVM on your A500.

I'm using ver. 1.2.1 (build from Dec 31 2010) on the Android phone and ver. 1.0.0 (build from Jan 24 2010) on the Linux machine, because that's the version from the repositories. The older ScummVM version couldn't read save games from the newer version, although the game files were identical. It worked flawlessly in the other direction, though, and that's what we're after.

No further ideas
cresh

Full Throttle Samsung Galaxy S2

Post by cresh »

hey guys, do you have any idea about how to get the skull-tattoo (scumm-interface) to appear on screen? I use the android-port on the galaxy s2, so there is no camera button or trackball. I already got it a few times by accident, but lost patience after a couple of minutes of random tapping the touchscreen.
der_gabe

How to get the "context menu"

Post by der_gabe »

Hey cresh,

just tap-and-hold on whatever you want to interact with. The "context menu" in the form of the skull tattoo will show up and you can select the desired action by sliding your finger to eyes, mouth, fist or boot and then releasing.

The inventory is trickier, if you don't have a hardware keyboard. I always got it by pressing "i". Don't know if there is another way...
cresh

Post by cresh »

hey gabe! thanks very much for your fast response, but unfortunately it didn't work on my phone. BUT it does work if you DOUBLE tap the screen and hold it. So your answer was quite helpful anyway. cheers!
pickledorange

Post by pickledorange »

im sure you dont need the info anymore but to get the inventory up i hover over what i want to use (eg the dumpster) then hold the menu key, when the keyboard shows click done and the skull shows up.

can anyone ofer help as to how i change weapons on the bike battles? i cant get anything to work :( samsung galaxy s2, again no camera buttons or trackerball etc
Cirrus

Post by Cirrus »

pickledorange wrote:im sure you dont need the info anymore but to get the inventory up i hover over what i want to use (eg the dumpster) then hold the menu key, when the keyboard shows click done and the skull shows up.

can anyone ofer help as to how i change weapons on the bike battles? i cant get anything to work :( samsung galaxy s2, again no camera buttons or trackerball etc
Exactly same problem. Galaxy S2 and no clue how to change weapons in mine road bike battles.
pickledorange

Post by pickledorange »

Cirrus wrote:
pickledorange wrote:im sure you dont need the info anymore but to get the inventory up i hover over what i want to use (eg the dumpster) then hold the menu key, when the keyboard shows click done and the skull shows up.

Exactly same problem. Galaxy S2 and no clue how to change weapons in mine road bike battles.
im going to try and load up my save on the pc get past it and load it back onto the phone

on that note ive done it and it worked fine, ive saved it just inside the cave, if anyone needs the save drop me a mail and ill send it over pickledorange85@virginmedia.com
sevanrulez

Derby level solved with android device

Post by sevanrulez »

I completed this level with android tablet Samsung Note 10.1, following a youtube video (keywords "full throttle derby").

It's hard but it's not impossible. You have to save every correct step you make with your car.

Go with your car to extreme left. Point towards the first ramp. Accelerate and jump over the organge car. Point towards orange car and hit until the car is on the second ramp on the extreme right. When the orange car fall from the second ramp the level is completed.

Left and right to rotate the car, double tap to speed up. Ten minutes... no more...
Alexshvd

Re: Full Throttle

Post by Alexshvd »

Hi there!
Please, share the save game right after the derby. I lost all my saves.