Port progress & nightly builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

exeetor

Post by exeetor »

I couldnt find anything about Android 4.0 and Im now wondering how the port is working there? I cant seem to find any way to access the 2nd mouse button on my Galaxy Nexus (no camera button)
jedimtrick

Post by jedimtrick »

BobbinT wrote:(...)
What I'm saying here is that maybe this port needs other way of interaction which might be necessary so that the gaming experience can be more enjoyable.
(...)
I was precisely thinking about that when i came to the forums today.

On Xperia Play, using the trackpad for mouse movement (as it is just a touch surface) and clicking with the L and R buttons. You would have to play it with the device open, but hey! I believe it would be a much more enjoyable experience.

Hope it is a good idea and we will see it implemented.
Garcimak

Post by Garcimak »

jedimtrick wrote:(...)
I was precisely thinking about that when i came to the forums today. On Xperia Play, using the trackpad for mouse movement (as it is just a touch surface)
Thought the same Coming from the NDS port to Xplay,
D-PAD cursor or just using finger is a pain where i miss a touchsurface plus it would free D-PAD for other use.
Maybe there's hope from some xpp owner here.

URL should provide support, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showt ... ?t=1045374
and to appears in launcher http://forum.xda-developers.com/showth ... ?t=1110405
SiliconMind

Soundfont support

Post by SiliconMind »

Is there any chance for soundfont support on Android devices?
beano311

Mouse Support

Post by beano311 »

Is there any chance of proper mouse support being added to the Android version? Bluetooth mice work with Android for cursor support, as does the Asus Eee Pad Transform/Prime's trackpad, however it isn't implemented into ScummVM and works very poorly. More info here: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=11234
exeetor wrote:I couldnt find anything about Android 4.0 and Im now wondering how the port is working there? I cant seem to find any way to access the 2nd mouse button on my Galaxy Nexus (no camera button)
There's nothing incompatible with 4.0 AFAIK, no port necessary. If you need to right click and don't have any of the hard buttons, do a two finger click (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android#Touchscreen).
clashfan

Post by clashfan »

Is 1.4.1 going to be submitted to Android Market?
doodinthemood

Post by doodinthemood »

The suggestion above of using the xperia play trackpad as a mouse is a very very good one. I hope this can be implemented soon. :D
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Has anyone tried this on an ICS device yet? I threw ICS (CyanogenMod 9) on my HP Touchpad for kicks, and wanted to see how the Android port compared. Installed the nightly APK, extracted the lib____.so files manually as described a few posts back, pointed my plugin path to it, and still no joy. Might take a stab at setting up a dev environment and building a more traditional all-inclusive binary for folks without storage concerns.
imphlegm

wishlist,

Post by imphlegm »

I have been a fan for years, mostly on windows mobile phone, some on note/netbook. I now have a nook tablet that has been rooted and android marketplace available. I've installed 1.4.0 and have a few requests:

1. I find I have to drag the pointer around the screen, which is totally new to me, it tends to wend itself away form me while I'm playing. I would prefer to just tap on an item, like on wince.

2. ScummVM seems to stretch everything, I don't sense aspect ratio correction.

3. I cannot perform an automatic scan when installing games.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Re: wishlist,

Post by tsoliman »

imphlegm wrote: 1. I find I have to drag the pointer around the screen, which is totally new to me, it tends to wend itself away form me while I'm playing. I would prefer to just tap on an item, like on wince.
If I understand correctly you want to use it like a touchscreen rather than a touchpad.
According to the wiki you can switch between the modes by toggling the "Mixed AdLib/MIDI mode" checkbox.
imphlegm

nexus 7 all games pre and post unlocking and rooting

Post by imphlegm »

ICS 4.1.1. with aspect ratio on and full screen off: Flashing sidebars of underlying view(scummvm launcher).
Please fix.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Re: nexus 7 all games pre and post unlocking and rooting

Post by tsoliman »

imphlegm wrote:ICS 4.1.1. with aspect ratio on and full screen off: Flashing sidebars of underlying view(scummvm launcher).
Please fix.
Please read forum rule #3a
murgo

Mouse/stylus/touchpad support

Post by murgo »

Hi,

there's now support for mice (USB + OTG + Bluetooth), styluses (Galaxy Note S-pen etc.), and touchpads (Asus EEE Pad Transformer etc.). Using this feature requires Android 4.0 or later.

This seems to be very highly requested issue (~10 different threads in couple of pages), so I'm mentioning it here, where people most likely will see it.
badenglishihave

Re: Mouse/stylus/touchpad support

Post by badenglishihave »

murgo wrote:Hi,

there's now support for mice (USB + OTG + Bluetooth), styluses (Galaxy Note S-pen etc.), and touchpads (Asus EEE Pad Transformer etc.). Using this feature requires Android 4.0 or later.

This seems to be very highly requested issue (~10 different threads in couple of pages), so I'm mentioning it here, where people most likely will see it.
Excellent, thank you! Trying the latest build on my Nexus 10.
Sunnyhat

Post by Sunnyhat »

I would love to try out the daily build/s but it wont let me install the apk.. :(

I'm using an unrooted Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.1

When i try to install the apk through ES file explorer i simply get a message that the app wasn't installed. The store version installs fine and i already installed a couple other non-store apps through ES.

Any ideas?