Port progress & nightly builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zeropolis79

Re: Port progress & nightly builds

Post by zeropolis79 »

Praetorian wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 pm
zeropolis79 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 pm I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with Exynos 4412 Quad (32 nm) chipset and Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU - what build should I get to try and run on it? Many thanks
An "Android (ARM)" stable 2.1.1 build (just released) or a 2.2.0 developer build (if you don't care about keeping any existing save games and added games from any previous scummvm installation on your phone) should probably work ok for your device.
https://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
Thanks- I haven't got any save games to lose! (the port on the Google Store never worked on this tablet and I've not had it long)..
zeropolis79

Post by zeropolis79 »

I've managed to get a working build of this onto my tablet but on installing, it didn't create a shortcut on the 'desktop' and I can't find the master file in order to make a shortcut - any ideas please/ Thanks
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

zeropolis79 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:50 am I've managed to get a working build of this onto my tablet but on installing, it didn't create a shortcut on the 'desktop' and I can't find the master file in order to make a shortcut - any ideas please/ Thanks
Which scummVM build did you try by the way?

Does this video help? This is more or less how it should work on any android smartphone. From Home Screen, go to your Apps view, you may have to swipe the screen from right to left to see the most recently installed apps (which tend to go to the end of the list), then tap and hold on the ScummVM app icon and drag it (you may have to drag it to the top of the screen to switch to Home screen) and then place it somewhere on your Home screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS0e-tk ... u.be&t=147
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Hello,

Because the new release I have build my own Android SDL port and I have one issue. I know that ScummVM project has reverted to the native one but to compile it I have to update my toolchain and I will lose my hardware keys mapping (mostly escape key)

I haven't narrowed the change but I see some changes regarding the searchmanager...

The app is no picking the assets automatically (themes, transalation, engine data...) But If I manually add the path /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.scummvm.scummvm/files as the extra path and the theme path all is working perfectly. So it is not a problem of permissions or outdated assets.

I hadn't the paths personalized, so I can live with it (I assume that the official one doesn't have the issue).

In the bug tracker only appears 'android' as backend, no 'androidsdl' I should submit the bug as 'android' or nothing at all, as you have switched to the native backend?

Regards
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

mac_es wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53 pm In the bug tracker only appears 'android' as backend, no 'androidsdl' I should submit the bug as 'android' or nothing at all, as you have switched to the native backend?
I would suggest setting "Component" to "Port: Android" and prepend the title of the ticket (Summary field) with "ANDROIDSDL: "

A developer might look into it, although at the moment I am guessing that it won't be a priority, since we're more focused on the official port's issues.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I've tried out the nightly build from 14th May on a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus running Android 7.1.1 and I wanted to give some feedback.
- The mouse behaviour in this version is much better (less jerky) than in the play store version
- The keymaps feature is very useful. Particularly, being able to set the default keymap for "skip dialog line" to "left-click" makes the experience of playing Lucasarts games much more enjoyable. I found that if I just add the keymap for "skip dialog line" (i.e. set it to "., left click") then the left click doesn't skip dialog.

Dialog or CD music isn't played in Monkey Island ultimate talkie edition. I think this is because the daily build isn't compiled with the ogg library?

Overall, the current daily build version's excellent! Thanks to all porters/maintainers.
pcgamenerd

Post by pcgamenerd »

I Have Some Problems With The Android Daily Build Of ScummVM.

#1 The Latest Build Was Dated 03/27/2020 After That Date There's No Build Continuing After That & No Build For 6/6/2020 (as I post this).
#2 When I Tried To Turn The Volume Up Or Down, It Will Not Worked, I Have To Forced Turn It Volume Up Or Down By Hold The Both Volume Buttons.
#3 When I Tried To Download The Android ARM Daily Build Version Of ScummVM Now, The Link Is Broken.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

pcgamenerd wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:00 pm #3 When I Tried To Download The Android ARM Daily Build Version Of ScummVM Now, The Link Is Broken.
The link for the non-64 bit ARM development version was indeed broken around march when updating the Android NDK used to build it. The link has been fixed earlier today.
pcgamenerd

Post by pcgamenerd »

Thanks, criezy For Updating Daily Build For Android ARM Of ScummVM! I Just Installed On My Android Device & So Far The Problems I Said Before Have Been Fixed. I Hope The Daily Build Continues Updating As Long The ScummVM Team Tries Your Best Work.

Thanks Anyways!

P.S. I Will Let You Know If The Games Work Out! & I Hope Will Get An Updated Version Of Android-SDL For ScummVM!

:) :) :)
pcgamenerd

Post by pcgamenerd »

The Daily Build For Android Will Not Play CD Audio Files Of CD-ROM Games, I Tried Loom (FM-Towns) & Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders (FM-Towns) But The Game Runs With No CD Audio Despite Of Having The Audio Files With The Game Data & The Game Works Correctly But With No Audio. I Hope This Problem Will Fix In The Build.

NOTE: This Problem Only Happens With All CD Audio Games.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Yes, this build is currently missing several dependencies, which results in some features being missing. This is being worked on, and will get fixed eventually, but this may take time due to the lack of a dedicated Android port maintainer, and a lack of time from others trying to help.
Drumaster

Post by Drumaster »

Hi,

That would be awesome to fix cd audio games as the daily works better than the Google Play Store one. Android user deserve a good ScummVM port, keep up the good work guys (just sent a donation to help the Android project). :)