Moderator: ScummVM Team

zeropolis79

Re: Port progress & nightly builds

Post by zeropolis79 »

Praetorian wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 pm
zeropolis79 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 pm
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with Exynos 4412 Quad (32 nm) chipset and Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU - what build should I get to try and run on it? Many thanks
An "Android (ARM)" stable 2.1.1 build (just released) or a 2.2.0 developer build (if you don't care about keeping any existing save games and added games from any previous scummvm installation on your phone) should probably work ok for your device.
https://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
Thanks- I haven't got any save games to lose! (the port on the Google Store never worked on this tablet and I've not had it long)..

zeropolis79

Post by zeropolis79 »

I've managed to get a working build of this onto my tablet but on installing, it didn't create a shortcut on the 'desktop' and I can't find the master file in order to make a shortcut - any ideas please/ Thanks

Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

zeropolis79 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:50 am
I've managed to get a working build of this onto my tablet but on installing, it didn't create a shortcut on the 'desktop' and I can't find the master file in order to make a shortcut - any ideas please/ Thanks
Which scummVM build did you try by the way?

Does this video help? This is more or less how it should work on any android smartphone. From Home Screen, go to your Apps view, you may have to swipe the screen from right to left to see the most recently installed apps (which tend to go to the end of the list), then tap and hold on the ScummVM app icon and drag it (you may have to drag it to the top of the screen to switch to Home screen) and then place it somewhere on your Home screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS0e-tk ... u.be&t=147

mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Hello,

Because the new release I have build my own Android SDL port and I have one issue. I know that ScummVM project has reverted to the native one but to compile it I have to update my toolchain and I will lose my hardware keys mapping (mostly escape key)

I haven't narrowed the change but I see some changes regarding the searchmanager...

The app is no picking the assets automatically (themes, transalation, engine data...) But If I manually add the path /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.scummvm.scummvm/files as the extra path and the theme path all is working perfectly. So it is not a problem of permissions or outdated assets.

I hadn't the paths personalized, so I can live with it (I assume that the official one doesn't have the issue).

In the bug tracker only appears 'android' as backend, no 'androidsdl' I should submit the bug as 'android' or nothing at all, as you have switched to the native backend?

Regards

Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

mac_es wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53 pm
In the bug tracker only appears 'android' as backend, no 'androidsdl' I should submit the bug as 'android' or nothing at all, as you have switched to the native backend?
I would suggest setting "Component" to "Port: Android" and prepend the title of the ticket (Summary field) with "ANDROIDSDL: "

A developer might look into it, although at the moment I am guessing that it won't be a priority, since we're more focused on the official port's issues.

mac_es

Post by mac_es »