(SOLVED) Client not responding Android 10

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Zarquon

(SOLVED) Client not responding Android 10

Post by Zarquon »

Greetings!

My problem is quite quickly explained, when I open scummvm on my samsung s9+ (android 10), I can't do anything with it but kill it. The start screen shows but none of the buttons do anything. It has been like this since I got this phone and all I tried to noobishly fix it did nothing.
Can you guys help?
Thanks in advance!
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Client not responding Android 10

Post by Praetorian »

Zarquon wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:24 pm Greetings!

My problem is quite quickly explained, when I open scummvm on my samsung s9+ (android 10), I can't do anything with it but kill it. The start screen shows but none of the buttons do anything. It has been like this since I got this phone and all I tried to noobishly fix it did nothing.
Can you guys help?
Thanks in advance!
Hello,

Could you post a screen grab of what you're seeing on your screen when launching ScummVM?
Do you see a cursor and are you able to move it around while dragging your finger around on the touch screen?
Is this with the latest version 2.5.0?
Did the app work with the previous version?

You are supposed to place the cursor on the buttons (by moving your finger around on the screen) and then tap on the screen in order to "click" on a button. Does this not work?
Zarquon

Post by Zarquon »

Thanks for the quick reply, it worked with the new version 2.5 that I didn't have yet somehow... Before I just didn't have a cursor. Now I do.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Zarquon wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm Thanks for the quick reply, it worked with the new version 2.5 that I didn't have yet somehow... Before I just didn't have a cursor. Now I do.
You're welcome. I'm glad it works with the latest version!

I'll mark this topic as SOLVED and move it to the Android port subforum.