scummVM Channel Ultimate

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I vaguely recall, there might be more in one of the threads about CoMI, that 0.12 was really good for CoMI. I think some code had to be dropped for 0.13 and affected that game in particular. Like I say these are vague memories. Might be worth checking if it really bothers you.
I tend to have a few versions of ScummVM on my SD card. At least 2 - the most recent stable and most recent Buildbot - and as the settings file, scummvm.ini, is kept in the same folder as the build then you don't need to worry about settings for different builds getting mixed up and using the wrong settings - if you get my meaning.
bingobot

Post by bingobot »

Red_Breast wrote:I vaguely recall, there might be more in one of the threads about CoMI, that 0.12 was really good for CoMI. I think some code had to be dropped for 0.13 and affected that game in particular. Like I say these are vague memories. Might be worth checking if it really bothers you.
I tend to have a few versions of ScummVM on my SD card. At least 2 - the most recent stable and most recent Buildbot - and as the settings file, scummvm.ini, is kept in the same folder as the build then you don't need to worry about settings for different builds getting mixed up and using the wrong settings - if you get my meaning.
I'll test 0.12, the only thing im missing out then, are the option to Return to Launcher, so i dont have to quit and restart scummvm if i wanna change game. Cuz atm, the newer builds arent working properly here, i duno if im the only one experiencing the speech/subtitles/both bug, but it just wont show subtitles. Kinda irritating :/
Red_Breast

Re: scummVM Channel Ultimate

Post by Red_Breast »

Mr_Nick666 wrote: Mediafire:Download
Permanent Mirror:Download
Actually that Mediafire link is still up but the Permalink is down for me.
Just trying to get your attention actually. Have you seen the new themes for HBC? There's no ScummVM one yet either. Hint hint.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel/Themes
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I still have my ScummVM channel installed, but it hasn't worked in ages. I keep it just in case because I'm not sure if I'll be able to install it again with all the latest firmware updates. Is it because of a change of extension? (DOL/ELF)
Talantyyr

Post by Talantyyr »

Why is it not working? You can convert your .elf to a .dol then it should work :)

@Mr. Nick: Can you update the Forwarder so it'll use IOS 58 like HBC currently does? I'd really appreciate to keep your Forwarder instead of HBC! :)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I am working on updating the Channel to support ios58 plus some tweaks! ;)
Azhrei

Post by Azhrei »

Launching the channel just has it resetting my Wii every time.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Azhrei wrote:Launching the channel just has it resetting my Wii every time.
Do you have scummVM in the correct folders on your SD card? If not it will automatically reboot the main menu.
Azhrei

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, I have. I spoke to Wilsoff recently and he said -
Hmm... I've just been looking at the changelog for ScummVM... It appears that it's been updated for the new USB2.0/AHBROT dealio.

I guess the forwarder doesn't like it and will need to be updated too. I don't know how to do that so it'll be a case of waiting and seeing if anyone codes a forwarder that'll work with the latest build.
So I'll just wait for the update.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Azhrei wrote:Yeah, I have. I spoke to Wilsoff recently and he said -
Hmm... I've just been looking at the changelog for ScummVM... It appears that it's been updated for the new USB2.0/AHBROT dealio.

I guess the forwarder doesn't like it and will need to be updated too. I don't know how to do that so it'll be a case of waiting and seeing if anyone codes a forwarder that'll work with the latest build.
So I'll just wait for the update.
Ol' Wilsoff hasn't spoken to Tantric, obviously! ;)
raschi

Post by raschi »

Looking forward to the new channel Mr_Nick666. There will of course be proper support for .elf loading too, right? ;)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

raschi wrote:Looking forward to the new channel Mr_Nick666. There will of course be proper support for .elf loading too, right? ;)
That's the plan. As all nightly builds come as .elf if it can be done it will be done! :shock: