Indy fighting controls on the Wii

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pleng

Indy fighting controls on the Wii

Post by Pleng »

Does the Wii port have any means of fighting in Indyana Jones and the Last Crusade?

I haven't been able to find any way of doing it so far. If this is a feature that has yet to be implemented, can I suggest that it might be pretty cool if the Nunchuck was utilized for this purpose.

cheers!
Clayton
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Plug a USB keyboard into your Wii. I played it through about 4 months back. Make sure the .dol your using is fairly recent (as in last few months)
Pleng

Post by Pleng »

I don't have a usb keyboard, only a bluetooth one.

And I may as well run the PC version if I wanted to use a keyboard. Ah well, it would be nice if it did get implemented at some point.

I guess it would involve mapping the nunchuck stick to the keyboard numbers 1-9, with c and z being mapped to 0 and 5. I don't know if any other games need the number pad?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Didn't the bluetooth key/b come with a USB dongle to capture the bluetooth signal?
Pleng

Post by Pleng »

No it didn't.

Besides that wouldn't make it a USB keyboard. The Wii has built in bluetooth anyway so if ScummVM supported (supports? not sure if it does or not) bluetooth keyboards it wouldn't need a dongle.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

It's USB only I'm afraid unless you want to code all the libraries needed for Bluetooth Keyboard support?
Pleng

Post by Pleng »

Nup I don't want bluetooth support. Keyboards dont interest me for playing on the Wii.

If I had the coding ability, I'd be numberpad mapping to the joystick on the nunchuck.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

I suppose it's possible to map those to the nunchuck.
If I have some spare time I may to so in the future, but time isn't something I have a lot of right now.
Pleng

Post by Pleng »

OK cool. If it happens then that's great. If not, no worries, the other games all run just fine from what I can tell. :)