Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Paperman

ScummVM Revision 35709

Post by Paperman »

Hi @ll

A new Version of ScummVM Wii is available

#changelog:

* Compiled with devkitPPC r16 and its updated libogc and libfat, boosting the overall SD performance
* Renamed the Wii's internal sd slot device back to "fat:", so it loads properly with the homebrew channel (The initial change got introduced by the new libfat version)
* SDHC support (Wii internal SD only)
* Readded SD Gecko support for Wii
* USB mass storage support
* The root directory now yields a list of mounted devices, you can now use any combination of internal SD/SD gecko/USB at the same time
* Tweaked the video mode a little, hopefully this will eliminate the black borders
* Dropped MPEG2 video support, please use DXA instead (available on the download page)
* Proper Component/480p detection for Gamecube (contributed by Hkz)
* Fixed a libogc bug, Drascula and 7th Guest don't hang anymore
* Updated Tremor and FLAC, .ogg audio files should work fine now
* Enabled new game engines: Groovie and Tucker
* 16:9 support through "Fullscreen mode"

The new version is really great.
Everything is working. No issues and problems with Games (video, sound, music). Better loading times etc.

But one issue.
Mentioned in changelog:
"Tweaked the video mode a little, hopefully this will eliminate the black borders"

No, it doesn't eliminate the black borders. The black borders are different. I have one big black border at the upper side and normal borders at the rest of the TV.
In the last revision I had two big borders left and right and a normal border at the upper side. ^^

Maybe you can combine both solutions (a "small border" mode and fullscreen mode). In the options it's possible to select a fullscreen mode (which is the "rest" of the PC Version, I believe). At the moment its just for 16:9 resolution.
But If you connect this fullscreen mode with the new optimized video mode (for fullscreen) and the standard windowed mode with the little borders it's maybe the best solution.
The 16:9 must be choosen separately.

But despite that, a really really great release.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Re: ScummVM Revision 35709

Post by dhewg »

Paperman wrote:Hi @ll
No, it doesn't eliminate the black borders. The black borders are different. I have one big black border at the upper side and normal borders at the rest of the TV.
In the last revision I had two big borders left and right and a normal border at the upper side. ^^

Maybe you can combine both solutions (a "small border" mode and fullscreen mode). In the options it's possible to select a fullscreen mode (which is the "rest" of the PC Version, I believe). At the moment its just for 16:9 resolution.
But If you connect this fullscreen mode with the new optimized video mode (for fullscreen) and the standard windowed mode with the little borders it's maybe the best solution.
The 16:9 must be choosen separately.
Argh! Every TV seems to do it differently, and as you proposed, i prolly won't find a solution to make it fit on every screen.
Did you try the overscan options on the ScummVM video modes? that should get rid of the borders, but only if they're equal on each side, which it doesn't seem to be in your case.
Paperman

Re: ScummVM Revision 35709

Post by Paperman »

dhewg wrote:
Argh! Every TV seems to do it differently, and as you proposed, i prolly won't find a solution to make it fit on every screen.
Did you try the overscan options on the ScummVM video modes? that should get rid of the borders, but only if they're equal on each side, which it doesn't seem to be in your case.
Yes I tried to change the overscan.
Unfortunately it didn't work.
But nevertheless great edition.

Another Issue.
I tested Loom CD Edition and I had very very long loading times. (example: If I am waiting for the sound of an item)
Do I have to convert Loom CD to a smaller size or must I have to change some settings?
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

um, silly question, wheres the download link? :P
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

sticky thread on this forums, 1st page ;)