Curse of monkey island running slow

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nzskitzo

Curse of monkey island running slow

Post by nzskitzo »

Hi there I am new to using scummvm on my wii and have noticed that the curse of monkey island is very laggy and pauses a lot when moving or talking. Is there a faster memory card I can get to fix this or is it a limitation of the speed of sd cards?

Chris
noize

Post by noize »

Sounds more like the subtitle bug.
Try increasing the subtitle speed in the audio options to maximum, and see if the slow down still occurs.
nzskitzo

Post by nzskitzo »

noize wrote:Sounds more like the subtitle bug.
Try increasing the subtitle speed in the audio options to maximum, and see if the slow down still occurs.
Still having the same problems, anyone else have this issue?
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

you have to compress the files worked for me
chojin

Post by chojin »

I agree and suggest to follow the Tutorial: Getting Monkey Island 3 to run properly.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

I tested COMI the past days rather excessively. The latest build (check the sticky thread in this forums) includes alot of fixes and improvements that went into libogc and libfat. In contrast to older performance tests, it now doesnt seem to make much difference if you compress files with ScummVM tools or not. All versions ran just fine for me, but my card is rather fast, so please check my latest build and report back. I am especially interested if a compression method yields better results for you.