Wii/GameCube port - News & Nightly snapshots

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Jimbob wrote: The only problem I have encountered is related to saving the game, I couldn't enter any letters into the save dialog ...
I only run ScummVM on my desktop so this may be completely unrelated, but I fixed a bug in the Broken Sword 1 save dialog recently. Sometimes you weren't able to enter any savegame name. In my case, it was because I pressed Shift to write an upper-case letter. This inserted character code 0 into the string, and that's the "end-of-string" marker. Anything written after that didn't show up on screen.
Ah, OK. I nearly have a setup ready to start producing Gamecube / Wii compiles so I'll update my SVN branch and try again. Thanks for the info!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I feel embarassed asking this but what does GMM mean? I know what menu it is but just can't work out what GMM means.

By the way Dhewg I've also tried Tucker with no compression from a SanDisk Cruzer USB stick as well as CoMI and both worked fine.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Red_Breast wrote:I feel embarassed asking this but what does GMM mean? I know what menu it is but just can't work out what GMM means.

By the way Dhewg I've also tried Tucker with no compression from a SanDisk Cruzer USB stick as well as CoMI and both worked fine.
GMM = Global Game Menu :)
zaccret

Post by zaccret »

Hi,

Problems with the links. I cannot download r35894. Could you put it on HBB server (r35811 is already on it) ?

Thanks in advance.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Jimbob: i reverted the component cable patch for GC, it should work fine now (but now there's no way to set 480p, i'll check about some config var options)

About the memory limit: Did you do any further tests about multiple binaries with different engines? I'm still unsure which way to go for v0.13.0. Maybe COMI+Bs1+BS2 in a distinct binary?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

zaccret wrote:Hi,

Problems with the links. I cannot download r35894. Could you put it on HBB server (r35811 is already on it) ?

Thanks in advance.
I dont have anything to do with HBB.

There was a scheduled server downtime (wiibrew.org was affected too), give the DNS update a little time and downloads should work again.

EDIT: downloads are back ;)
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

dhewg wrote:Jimbob: i reverted the component cable patch for GC, it should work fine now (but now there's no way to set 480p, i'll check about some config var options)
Thanks. How about an option in the GUI that turns on the component output? I'm not sure how much work that would be ....
dhewg wrote:About the memory limit: Did you do any further tests about multiple binaries with different engines? I'm still unsure which way to go for v0.13.0. Maybe COMI+Bs1+BS2 in a distinct binary?
Well, I can't say for sure which is the best option .... my testing has stopped for the time being (Fallout 3 is too good!) Bossk (I think) did a build with only the SCUMM engines and that seems to work for COMI - I've never finished the game so I can't test it thoroughly!! Maybe another binary for the 2 BS games and everything else in one binary. I've hardly tested any other games though ....
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Long time no update, but I just changed the first post to point at the buildbot snapshots - instead of providing very infrequent builds myself :)
Paperman

Post by Paperman »

Is the GMM disabled it the newest revision?
Download 1.0.0 and no GMM there.

Edit:
Okay reading would be a benefit. xD
Pressing Dpad up and Home will display the GMM.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

It's been a while, but I just updated the first post. And 1.1.0 builds are finally up \o/
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Running anything in Double-Strike sends me back to HBC.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

works for me (tm)

any more infos about what exactly is happening? getting back directly to hbc sounds like a crash.

hit dpad up+1 to bring up the console, then try again. is anything relevant printed?
MusicallyInspired

Sorry, my bad. My memory was faulty. It doesn't go back to the HBC, it just gives me a blank screen. I can hear all sound effects and everything I just can't see the game. There's no video signal. I'm running with component cables to an HDTV. If I use my regular composite cables on my little CRT TV I can see everything just fine. Do HDTV's just not support 240p?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

some do, sounds like yours doesn't.

if you're using component cables (480p), there's no advantage in 240p anyway. on interlaced CRTs (480i), the double strike modes is the only way to display a progressive picture.
MusicallyInspired

I see. Ok then. Just making sure I wasn't missing out on anything.