Wii/GameCube port - News & Nightly snapshots

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Wii/GameCube port - News & Nightly snapshots

Post by dhewg »

Download Wii and/or GameCube nightly builds here.
Some features and/or fixes might only be available on so called nightly builds, but these are considered unstable ;)
Instructions how to build this port from the sources can be found on this wiki page.

When updating to 1.1.0:
Please read the bundled READMII.txt file. Some video mode settings were moved to its own options dialog.

ChangeLog (only Wii/GameCube port specific changes which are worth mentioning):

1.3.0git-3205-g5012917: Fix 16bit cursors on some HE games

r52074: Huge update to all base libraries. Among others, USB2 support when using HBC 1.0.8 and IOS58. Fixed USB keyboard support. DVD support for the GameCube port

r48732: Fixed a crash when saving in 16bit gfx games (like Loom PC-Engine)
r48728: Fixed savegame thumbnails for 16bit gfx games
r48727: Fixed a problem where the on-screen console didn't show up on abnormal exits

r44278/r44556/r44557: Fixed some crashes when using Ogg/Vorbis encoded sound files
r44205: New "input" tab on the port specific options dialog for GameCube pad sensitivity/acceleration
r44190: An on-screen console is shown when ScummVM exits abnormally (or press up+1/R to toggle its display)
r44189: Moved the whole gfx code to its own library, so other projects can utilize it too. See http://repo.or.cz/w/libgxflux.git
r43965: Support for SMB mountpoints (Samba/Windows shares). See the port specific options dialog
r43919: Added new video modes for bilinear texture filtering (smoothes the picture)
r43910: Fixed a gfx glitch on savegame thumbnails
r43892: A new option dialog for Wii/Gamecube specific settings (See the bundled READMII.txt file)

r43830: Complete GFX overhaul
* Standard and Dual-strike (240p) video modes (See the bundled READMII.txt file)
* Support for games using cursor scaling
* Improved performance

r43631: Support for games using 16bit graphics
r43287: Fixed the sound issues on the Mac version of Feeble Files
r43117: Mapped "DPAD up" back to Shift (for mass adding games). "DPAD up" + START/HOME brings up the GMM now (return to the launcher)

r36337: Added USB keyboard support
r35930: Added ISO9660/Joliet DVD support

r35894:
* Fixed a bug in the filesystem backend, tucker is now playable
* Startup time for games with many files is way better now. tucker takes ~5s instead of ~15m (and that is not a typo)

r35811:
* Fixed the deadlock in newlib's fwalk(), this one was responsible for lockups in various games
* Enabled IHNM and SAGA2

r35709:
* Compiled with devkitPPC r16 and its updated libogc and libfat, boosting the overall SD performance
* Renamed the Wii's internal sd slot device back to "fat:", so it loads properly with the homebrew channel (The initial change got introduced by the new libfat version)
* SDHC support (Wii internal SD only)
* Readded SD Gecko support for Wii
* USB mass storage support
* The root directory now yields a list of mounted devices, you can now use any combination of internal SD/SD gecko/USB at the same time
* Tweaked the video mode a little, hopefully this will eliminate the black borders
* Dropped MPEG2 video support, please use DXA instead (available on the download page)
* Proper Component/480p detection for Gamecube (contributed by Hkz)
* Fixed a libogc bug, Drascula and 7th Guest don't hang anymore
* Updated Tremor and FLAC, .ogg audio files should work fine now
* Enabled new game engines: Groovie and Tucker

r33789:
* Proper fullscreen video mode
* Multiple graphic modes with different overscan values
* "Fullscreen mode" stretches the picture on 16:9 displays
* Fixed broken sword 1/2 gfx garbage
* Support for setShakePos()

check the DISPLAY SETUP section in the READMII file

r33083:
* Fixed another savegame issue
* Support for the reset and power button
* Added a gamecube port

Regards,
dhewg
Last edited by dhewg on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

hi,

after some weeks of absence i finally updated the port again. see the above URL for rev 33083.

EDIT: Changelog moved to post #1
Last edited by dhewg on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Awesome! :D
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

fresh build (r33789) is available at the above URL

EDIT: Changelog moved to post #1

regards,
dhewg
Last edited by dhewg on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Doesn't fixing the video to stretch to a 16:9 screen stretch the graphics horizontally and make it....ugly? Nevertheless, awesome updates!
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

Great update, this one is becoming the best port of them all quickly! How about implementing cursor movement smoothing so the control feels a bit more like in Wii games?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

MusicallyInspired: older revision of the wii port always stretched the picture, now you can choose if you want that or not.

Bobbin: the IR cursor is already smoothed, thats a feature in libogc
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Ah I see. I was confused because a friend of mine was complaining because it wasn't stretching to fit his 16:9 display. Maybe he or I got mixed up. Good stuff.
Javi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Javi-Wan Kenobi »

Why this port isn't in the ScummVM download page?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Javi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Why this port isn't in the ScummVM download page?
It isn't on the download page yet, because there's no official ScummVM version supporting it yet.
nIxx

Post by nIxx »

Hi
i have a problem to compile ScummVM for the wii i always get an warning that there is no mpeg2.h and then error´s. But as far as i know there is no libmpeg2 port for the Wii !?
clem

Post by clem »

nIxx wrote:Hi
i have a problem to compile ScummVM for the wii i always get an warning that there is no mpeg2.h and then error´s. But as far as i know there is no libmpeg2 port for the Wii !?
if you compile using gcc it is possible to disable mpeg2 support when running ./configure
The only games needing mpeg2 support are BS1/2, and they often work better with DXA cutscenes anyway
nIxx

Post by nIxx »

I got it now compiled BUT now the wiimote does not really work :( the red pointer is always on the left border. So i never can click on the button´s :(

UPDATE: Okay i´ve compiled ScummVM again under linux and now everything runs fine :) . (except no Tremor,FLAC and mpeg2 support).
Last edited by nIxx on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

shame on me, i still haven't documented how to build this port :oops:

before i scatter these informations around the forums, gimme some time to add instructions to the wiki.

about the nonworking wiimote: i dont know how that could happened, but try again with libogc cvs or [url=git://hackmii.com/home/ogcgit/libogc]this git repository[/url] which i am using to build the scummvm binaries.