ScummWiiM ( Wii ScummVM Channel )

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Broken Sword 2 seems to work ok (loaded my save from the PC too and that worked fine).

Beneath a Steel Sky seemed fine too.

Simon the Sorcerer worked fine except for saving issues (need to be able to input numbers and enter them to activate the save!!). On attempting save with random button bashing I crashed it.

Ive heard from another that Sam and Max works fine too.
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

Left on the wiimote types a "0"
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I found that on my second attempt (thanks for sharing anyway!) before the crash but you still need to be able to enter the characters for it to save! :(
GuybrushsMonkey

the Dig

Post by GuybrushsMonkey »

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with the game "The Dig".

After the Intro-videos, when the game should start, i get this message:

Failed to save game state to file:
dig-de.s00

But i did not tryed to safe, i didn`t presst any button. ;(
(but i can keep playing after clicking on OK )

Maybe this information help at killing bugs for the next version, would be nice to see The Dig running on it.

ps: My big dream is still to play Monkey Island 3 on my Wii. :) :)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: the Dig

Post by sev »

GuybrushsMonkey wrote:I have a problem with the game "The Dig".
Wii port of ScummVM is not official, neither I know about any firm plans about it. So, we will not be able to help you much.

However, the problem you have is clearly described in README. First, ScummVM has autosave feature, second, apparently you will not be able to save any game until you make your savepath writeable. Though I have no idea whether saving is implemented in Wii port, and if it is, in which way.

Eugene
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Its a shame all these ports arent made official as it makes sense to use the knowledge that already exists in previous ports :(
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

@sev

as i posted shortly ago:
"Save function only tested in MI2, works fine (i set the path in options, and you can only choose zeros as name)"

@GuybrushsMonkey

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Home ... ps/ScummVM

you can report problems here.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:Its a shame all these ports arent made official as it makes sense to use the knowledge that already exists in previous ports :(
I myself consider it at least unwise for the folks who implement those ports. I.e. why hesitate to come and join our team and get all benefits like forums, testers, bugtrackers, wiki and proper credits. I have no idea.

Eugene
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

dhewg, the porter of the Wii version, clearly stated in the wiibrew-wiki, at the talk-page, that he is going to incorporate all changes into svn after cleaning up the source. At the moment everything seems to be pretty hacky, so he didn't release the source as of yet. (but he also stated, that he sent his source to a few scummvm-developers, I don't know to which, though)
the wiimote-version, that's currently around, actually was never meant for a public release, but got leaked, after dhewg mentioned it once in irc... and thus it's very unstable and not yet recommended to use yet.
though I have to admit, that a wiimote-version of scummvm is pretty exciting :-)
GuybrushsMonkey

Post by GuybrushsMonkey »

chrisis wrote:dhewg, the porter of the Wii version, clearly stated in the wiibrew-wiki, at the talk-page, that he is going to incorporate all changes into svn after cleaning up the source. At the moment everything seems to be pretty hacky, so he didn't release the source as of yet. (but he also stated, that he sent his source to a few scummvm-developers, I don't know to which, though)
the wiimote-version, that's currently around, actually was never meant for a public release, but got leaked, after dhewg mentioned it once in irc... and thus it's very unstable and not yet recommended to use yet.
though I have to admit, that a wiimote-version of scummvm is pretty exciting :-)
Yes, i could not imagine to go back to the GC-pad-version, even if it is more stabil.

Forward and not backward!
Upward and not downward!

(or something like this)
Trapezoid

Post by Trapezoid »

Are there simple step-by-step instructions for this anywhere? I know nothing about homebrew wii anything, but I've got a Wii, an SD-card writer, Twilight Princess, and some old LucasArts games my little brother wants to play on the Wii. I just can't find straight instructions.

Edit: Got pretty far with the instructions on http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack and http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Home ... ps/ScummVM
My only problem now is, how do I try the version with alleged wiimote support? It comes with a .dol file, not an .elf.
Sir Spanky

Post by Sir Spanky »

Even better, if you can find/already have a wad installer, then use the ScummVM channel, as it has Wiimote support (iirc) and is more easily accessible.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gdekmxyd9dm
ascummyguy

Homebrew Channel Released

Post by ascummyguy »

The Homebrew Channel has officially been released. The Twilight Hack is the install method of choice for the average user (without a modchip).

http://hbc.hackmii.com/

There's also an 'Apps Package' on the download page with a ScummVM port that includes Wiimote support.
christian.remboldt

Framebuffering

Post by christian.remboldt »

Ive tried both the gamecube controller and the wiimote versions and I have the same problem. The outside edge of the screen on all four sides is unreadable. I think it is a size over run issue. Has any one else experienced this? any solutions?
christian.remboldt

Homebrew channel

Post by christian.remboldt »

I installed the new homebrew channel and it solve my problem. The version of scummvm that is in the apps package has a smaller intial screen size, so I get the full picture. just thought id let anyone who also had this problem know.