ScummWiiM ( Wii ScummVM Channel )

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gimlao

ScummWiiM ( Wii ScummVM Channel )

Post by Gimlao »

When will we have a ScummVM Channel on Wii ? =)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

You have several options here:
  • Donate a Wii to a willing developer
  • Work on the port by yourself and submit a patch
  • Find someone else to work on it

Eugene
T4!f00N

Post by T4!f00N »

I cant programm scummVM... but it would be f****** nice to have a scummWiiM Channel.
If there where a tutorial or a Script to make for yourself then i woult try it...

(sorry, my english isnt the best^^)

greez
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

I think in first step we have to wait until the Wii has been
hacked. But I agree... the Wii could be the ultimate plattform
for point & click adventures.
dreamkin

Post by dreamkin »

They are working on the hack. I think currently it is possible to run copied GC games on wii.
clem

Post by clem »

dreamkin wrote:They are working on the hack. I think currently it is possible to run copied GC games on wii.
kinda related and quite amusing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTx2MAOspS4&eurl=
(wii specific stuff starts at about 6:10)

clem
T4!f00N

Post by T4!f00N »

In the last days i've thought about a business relationship between nintendo and the team of scummvm. I know, that isn's possible, but taht would be my idea.
The team of SVM could ask for a relationship, couldn't they? Maybe that would be working, the you could download ScummVM and the Games via the VirtualConsole on Wii.

greez
clem

Post by clem »

T4!f00N wrote:I know, that isn's possible
I second that.
T4!f00N wrote: the you could download ScummVM and the Games via the VirtualConsole on Wii.
that would be BASS and FOTAQ the most then, they probably won't bother negotiating rights for other games

target group is probably that small, it won't pay off for them putting money into that (in the form of personnel to even negotiate rights of games, let alone programming)

pessimistically yours,
clem
T4!f00N

Post by T4!f00N »

Are there some News yet?
gottenx

Post by gottenx »

I just read someone can boot scummvm from an SDCard..., now, perhaps what I am about to say is stupid but..., Wii uses SDcards, so, no chance to getting it to work in the console?
clem

Post by clem »

gottenx wrote:I just read someone can boot scummvm from an SDCard..., now, perhaps what I am about to say is stupid but..., Wii uses SDcards, so, no chance to getting it to work in the console?
I can boot linux from CD-ROM, my discman uses CD-ROMs, can I use linux on my discman? :)
gottenx

Post by gottenx »

Right you are.

Perhaps it won't be possible (yet?) to run homebrew because all apps in the Wii are signed. This makes it impossible at this moment to run homebrew. Identical copies can be read, because the signature goes in the process.

Well, sorry for my stupidity. I was only hoping. Know I just realized it can't be done at the moment. Let's hope a genious finds the way.
luigihann

Post by luigihann »

What about the Internet Channel? Any way it could (someday) be made to run in flash in the browser?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

luigihann wrote:What about the Internet Channel? Any way it could (someday) be made to run in flash in the browser?
If you're talking about the ScummVM developers switching from C++ to Flash, I'd say the chances are zero.

If you're talking about someone else porting ScummVM to Flash and then maintaining it as a separate project... well, anyone's free to try as long as they follow the license. But I would consider it madness: we're talking about hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

If you're talking about something else entirely, please disregard this post. :)
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

I recently had an idea similar to what luigihann had posted. Currently the wii supports ORB casting, a service that broadcasts Video and Music stored on the user's computer to Wifi enabled devices with web browsers. After finding out about this the first thing I thought about was ScummVM.
Perhaps something similar might be able to done for ScummVM, possibly have the entire program and the datafiles on a computer and some how broadcast the audio and video output to the wii via a similar method?

I imagine this is very unlikely, but I just thought I'd put the idea out there