Compressing Duckman Audio - Game does NOT work in the Wii port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jack44556677

Compressing Duckman Audio - Game does NOT work in the Wii port

Post by jack44556677 »

I couldn't find any clear direction, so I just did it and i think it worked. Who knows if ogg or flac would work - I didn't chance it.

I converted all .WAV files in the voice folder (within DATA) to .MP3 (same filenames) and everything worked. It cut it down from 412MB to around 38MB, making the whole game 117MB.

All that is needed is the DATA folder from the duckman CD/ISO, and in fact you will not be able to even add the duckman game if you do not point scummvm to the folder that contains the files in DATA (you may rename DATA to anything, I named it DuckmanTheGraphicAdventures). Adding the game in the version I tried (2.1.3pre1-wii) was EXTREMELY slow, but it got there eventually - it looks/acts like it is frozen for several minutes after clicking "choose", give it time... Starting the game takes an eternity as well, and acts frozen for several minutes.

Currently I cannot get beyond a strange crash (DSI exception, that does NOT take down the whole system - I just press A to reload and I am taken back to the homebrew launcher I launched scummvm from) when starting the game, right when it appears cornfed is going to speak. Please let me know if anyone knows a way around the issue (I know the mp3/wav conversion is NOT the issue)!
AReim1982

Re: Compressing Duckman Audio - Game does NOT work in the Wii port

Post by AReim1982 »

Your problem has nothing to do with the WII port. The "illusions"-engine currently doesn't support compressed audio files.

Windows port:
ScummVM-Windows_Error.png
ScummVM-Windows_Error.png (30.36 KiB) Viewed 7071 times

MusicPlayer-Code:
MusicPlayer.png
MusicPlayer.png (23.44 KiB) Viewed 7071 times