ScummVM 2.1.1 for WII

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AReim1982

ScummVM 2.1.1 for WII

Post by AReim1982 »

For those who still use their WII to play adventure games. Here is the current version 2.1.1 of ScummVM for the WII.
-> http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1ommt62z ... i.zip/file

Please save your "apps/scummvm"-folder! This is NOT an official release!
Last edited by AReim1982 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmajor

Re: ScummVM 2.1.0 for WII

Post by gmajor »

It works perfectly! Thanks!
lifeinthefastline

Post by lifeinthefastline »

Thanks for compiling this!

I gave this a go last night as I was messing with an old Wii adding games for my brother. I attempted this update to see how the games play and it's amazing how much of a revelation it is playing Blade Runner with a wiimote. Game plays very well! What could've been with that console, eh?
raschi

Post by raschi »

Thank you:)
anton-IE

Re: ScummVM 2.1.1 for WII

Post by anton-IE »

Thanks Raschi,

Is there a right mouse button option with this version? I know with previous was difficult to play some point and click games which require stable mouse clicks.

Best,
A
AReim1982 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:04 pm For those who still use their WII to play adventure games. Here is the current version 2.1.1 of ScummVM for the WII.
-> http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1ommt62z ... i.zip/file

Please save your "apps/scummvm"-folder! This is NOT an official release!
toology

Post by toology »

Thank you very much! This is the first time I've used ScummVM on Wii and the experience is better than I expected. :D
Did anyone have DSI errors with this build? I started Monkey Island 2 Ultimate Talkie Edition, Neverhood and Blade Runner without a problem, but Curse of Monkey Island, Discworld 2, Toonstruck and Gabriel Knight 2 throw a DSI error.
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

@toology:
COMI, Toonstruck and Discworld 2 works for me.
The games crashes when you start the games or during the gameplay?
Please try the game with the windows build. Maybe something is wrong with the datafiles of the games.
toology

Post by toology »

*EDIT* After more testing, toonstruck and curse give the DSI error when I run them after adding. When the Wii restarted, I was able to run them. For some reason this happens to some games, while other run straight after adding.

They all work on Windows port. I get the error when I try to run them, they don't go in game. I will try to get the files again from GOG in case it is a transfer issue.
DariusGaiden

Post by DariusGaiden »

Needs some touches, usb mouse support and proper scaling, doesnt look accurate on my CRT TV. Can't play really well with wiimote. Also the menu to go back to launcher is missing on some games, but it's there on others.
donkthemagicllama

Post by donkthemagicllama »

Just tried this after resurrecting an old Wii... similar experience for me, it crashed hard with DSI error when I first added Secret of Money Island, but then worked fine after a restart.

Wii interface is actually the best experience I've had playing these games on a TV! Pretty slick.