How to quit ScummVM?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hello_world.c

How to quit ScummVM?

Post by hello_world.c »

I use ScummVM to play Toonstruck and it works well, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to quit the game and return to homebrew channel or dash. There is no menu option for it, pop-up keyboard has no effect, USB keyboard which works in the main menu doesn't work in the game either to bring up the game's menu. When I am in the game's title screen, which has a quit function, when I use it ScummVM just hangs so I wouldn't expect real keyboard support in the game to help anyway.

Even the Wii remote's power button doesn't work, hitting it once hangs ScummVM, the second time there is a hard crash. So right now a soon as I start ScummVM I already have to mentally prepare to get up from my couch to turn the Wii off by long power button push eventually. This sucks! :lol:

I've tried all versions from 1.3-1.7 and it's the same everywhere. Is there anything I've missed?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Did you try hitting the home button?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Currently not in the same country as my Wii... but IIRC, you should be able to use the Pop Up Keyboard on screen to press CTRL-F5 / ALT-F5 to bring up the return to launcher menu.. or as clone2727 said use the Home button to exit ScummVM/HBC.