Test-Candidate of ScummVM 2.0.0 for WII

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

xunga

Post by xunga »

:D

I will download it and when I test it properly I will comment on how it works.

Thanks for updating and sharing!
Greenwizzard

Post by Greenwizzard »

Hi there, I don't know if this post will get lost, but here goes!

I've downloaded amd installed v2.0 on my wii, everything seems ok except for Discworld 1. Music and sound effects are working fine but when there should be speech it's a loud static kind of noise. I've copied all the files from my CD (which I'm led to believe is v2)

Any ideas?
xunga

Post by xunga »

I have already been able to properly test this new version and I have to say that it works perfectly with all the games, including Discworld 1 (@Greenwizzard verifies that you have copied the "drivers" subfolder from your game-disk, I also had that problem the first time as you can read in this thread). Gabriel Knight works very well, although it takes a little while to load, but it works perfectly.

The only error that has this version is in the game Neverhood, which works correctly except when you quit game, appearing the typical code dump screen that forces you to disconnect the console.

Except for that detail, it's a great update for a great wii emulator.

Thank you very much AReim1982
Last edited by xunga on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenwizzard

Post by Greenwizzard »

xunga wrote:I have already been able to properly test this new version and I have to say that it works perfectly with all the games, including Discworld 1 (@Greenwizzard verifies that you have copied the "drivers" subfolder from your game-disk, I also had that problem the first time as you can read in this thread)
How have you got the speech to work? I've obviously done something wrong haha. I made a discworld folder on the SD card then dragged the entire contents (of an origional disc) into the SD card Discworld folder have I put something in I shouldn't have?
xunga

Post by xunga »

I do not know. According to scummvm you need the following Discworld1 CD files:

* .IDX
* .GRA (if exists)
* .SCN (if exists)
* .SMP
* .TXT
FAT.OPL (if exists)
MIDI.DAT
INDEX
SAMPLE.AD (if exists)
SAMPLE.OPL (if exists)

You must also copy the contents of the driver subfolder and put it in the main folder with the rest of the files. Not the subfolder with the content, only the content.

I have the Discworld 1 folder with all the files that I have indicated, without subfolders, and in this way Discworld 1 and 2 work perfectly.

By the way, I take this opportunity to confirm that the game Full Pipe does not work for the same reason as Tony Tought (the wii gives problems with the image resolution of these games). Do not bother to try it, it's about the wii, not the emulator itself.
Greenwizzard

Post by Greenwizzard »

xunga wrote: copy the contents of the driver subfolder and put it in the main folder with the rest of the files. Not the subfolder with the content, only the content.

I have the Discworld 1 folder with all the files that I have indicated, without subfolders, and in this way Discworld 1 and 2 work perfectly.
That was my mistake! I had the drivers in as a sub folder, now Discwold works beautifully! Cheers my man!
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Greenwizzard: I had the same issue. This is the original folder layout on the CD-ROM. ScummVM _should_ work with the original folder layout so that you could have used the CD-ROM back in the day... but this appears to have been broken at some point.

Anyway, it is just a bit counterintuitive that you need the contents of the discwld and drivers folders copied into a single folder, especially as the detection does not warn that the music sample files from drivers folders are missing and the engine just either crashes out with a confusing error message or the music is just missing (based on the Options->Music Driver settings).

Might be a good idea to file a bug on this... though the fix is either to improve the engine code or just improve the documentation... or both.
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

Update!
-> http://www.mediafire.com/file/4dyerl33k ... wii-b2.zip

News:
- Sherlock Holmes - Case Of The Rose Tattoo: Fix "Out Of Memory" errors during the intro and the gameplay (pull request: #1092)
xunga

Post by xunga »

Very good!! This emulator is getting better and better.

Does anyone else get a code dump when you quit Neverhood game with scummvm 2.0?
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

Currently I don‘t own that game.
Can you post a screenshot of the code dump please?
xunga

Post by xunga »

@AReim1982:

This is the message that appears on the screen:

For the rest, the game loads, saves and works correctly.
Last edited by xunga on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
msSeven

Post by msSeven »

Any chance to get this supporting argument passing to the boot.dol so that it can be used as a wiiflow/usb loader plugin? It could work the same way as running ScummVM through the console on PC.
AReim1982

Post by AReim1982 »

@msSeven:
I never tried it, but it should already work:
-> https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/6262
msSeven

Post by msSeven »

@AReim1982:
Just tested it. You are right, argument passing does work. However I am getting errors trying to load a game this way. I've added the following tags to meta.xml:

<arguments>
<arg>riven-win</arg>
</arguments>

And get the following exception:

The game riven-win was already added to ScummVM through the GUI prior to testing this, and it runs as intended when loaded in that way.

I've also tried with the path argument added:

<arguments>
<arg>--path=usb:/ScummVM/Riven</arg>
<arg>riven-win</arg>
</arguments>

But get the same stack dump & code dump.
seanf101

Can You Confirm Zork Inquisitor and Nemesis Work?

Post by seanf101 »

I have these files working on linux, and windows but can not run on the wii as the games are not detected, can anyone tell me if they should work, and perhaps what I am doing wrong