Any work on 1.6.0 port for the Wii?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

QuinnHQ

Any work on 1.6.0 port for the Wii?

Post by QuinnHQ »

As the title says, I love using the Wii to play ScummVM and am looking forward to (hopefully) playing Tony Tough on it!
QuinnHQ

Post by QuinnHQ »

Sorry for the bump... just really want to know if 1.6.0 version even possible on the Wii... The Wii portion of this forum just really dead?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

There are issues with libogc and I think the Wii porter(s) are busy IRL... Some ports tend to lag due to this.

If you want use the newest code, then you can either:
1. Wait patiently for v1.6.0 Wii/GC version to be released.
2. Compile it yourself: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Compiling_ScummVM/Wii
3. Use a precompiled development daily build:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
GabeCube

Post by GabeCube »

It's been months now - is the Wii port really still being worked on?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

GabeCube: Unsure, but most non-desktop ports are maintained by only one or two developers and I think that dhewg who maintains the Wii/GC build is rather busy IRL. Will poke him to see...

The Wii port is considered "complete", but we are an open source project and thus would happily consider patches or Github Pull Requests to fix and/or improve this...

I have linked on this thread a tutorial from our wiki's Development Central on building this yourself, or you could test with our autogenerated stable (v1.6.0) and development (v1.7.0git) builds from the buildbot, which provide solutions until a v1.6.0 release build is produced...
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Ah, caught up with dhewg. This has been blocked as the newer libOGC was causing him issues, but there is no critical reason to upgrade... except that the older version we are currently linking against is possibly buggier.

He will look at producing a build against the older version and uploading in the next few days.
GabeCube

Post by GabeCube »

Thanks for the update. I have actually been using one of the versions compiled by the buildbot for a few weeks now. I was just somewhat concerned that the Wii version might have been discontinued.
QuinnHQ

Post by QuinnHQ »

I was worried about that also. Hoping to see an official release soon! Thanks for the efforts digitall (and of course dhewg, if he/she is reading this!).
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I am... not sure about dhewg. He is very busy IRL... as we all are! :/

Hopefully we will get the missing official builds soon... See the scummvm-devel mailing list for a discussion thread on this.