Beneath A Steel Sky Jukebox crash

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Zero X. Diamond

Beneath A Steel Sky Jukebox crash

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I'm not sure if this is JUST the Wii version as I haven't played it on my PC nearly to the point that I've played it on my Wii, but after the scene in the courtroom when the jukebox in St. James is available for use, if you select "You search, but find nothing," the song begins to play, but after maybe twenty seconds everything goes crazy. The graphics become a black and white mess and all sound stops. At this point, any attempt to interact with anything that will produce sound (either talking to somebody or going to the menu and back to restart the sound) will cause the game to promptly crash back to the Homebrew Channel. I'm on Sysmenu 4.3 with IOS58 if that has any bearing on anything.

EDIT: After upgrading to the latest developer build and installing the ScummVM channel, the effect of the crash has changed somewhat. Now, instead of the graphics becoming black and white and glitchy, the entire screen becomes a solid shade of gray that I can see some command-prompt type text flickering behind, and the cursor briefly becomes a solid gray box of a slightly darker shade. Once it becomes an arrow or crosshair again, clicking anything instantly terminates the game.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Please, file a bug report