Space Quest 4 (SCI) Spanish version not working on Wii port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Axel

Space Quest 4 (SCI) Spanish version not working on Wii port

Post by Axel »

I know this is no place to report bugs, we have the bug tracker for that, but I also know this port is no longer maintained, so I don't know if there is any use on reporting this issue there.

In summary, what happens is that the Spanish version of Space Quest 4 is not properly detected by the Wii port (I don't know about english version because I don't own it). However, the exact same version is successfully detected by the Windows port, so this is a port specific issue.

If I manually add the game configuration to the scummvm.ini file and try to run the game, it gives me a message 'Game datafiles not found'. So, it is basically impossible to run this game in the wii port, although SQ1-VGA and SQ5 work perfectly.

I have tried with both the last official build (1.3.1) and the latest buildbot nightly build, both have the same problem.

Do we have any hope of getting this fixed? Thank you in advance!

@sev - Eugene:
This issue is related to game detection, so you might be able to take a look? Do you know if dhewg is still around?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Space Quest 4 (SCI) Spanish version not working on Wii p

Post by fuzzie »

Axel wrote:I know this is no place to report bugs, we have the bug tracker for that, but I also know this port is no longer maintained, so I don't know if there is any use on reporting this issue there.
This is kind of weird logic. If you report it on the bug tracker, then all the developers can easily see that it's still unfixed, and there's a pretty good chance of someone at least looking into it. If you report it like this on the forum, it's almost guaranteed that no-one's going to look at it and it's going to get forgotten.
Axel

Post by Axel »

Thanks for your reply, fuzzie.

The reason of my post here is because I was looking for a straight answer primarily from dhewg, Bossk or sev.

So far, I know that only dhewg works in this port, and hardly any other developer would get involved. Since he has been a little away from the Wii scene this port has never been updated again.

You mention that by posting here my post would most probably get lost and forgotten, but that is also the feeling I have that would happen with my wii port-specific bug report if I filled it out; with the difference that here at least I can get some direct answers which I wouldn't otherwise.

Also, since Eugene is the main forum administrator, my chances of him bumping into this post are high.

Anyway, thanks for your interest, and if you know of any other ScummVM developer who would be interested if taking a look into this, please comment.

Thank you!