Monkey Island I & II Talkie Support?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jurai

Monkey Island I & II Talkie Support?

Post by Jurai »

Has anyone compiled builds of ScummVM Wii with support for the monkey island I and II fan patches yet?
Jurai

Post by Jurai »

if anyone can make a compile of that source I'd be much obliged, for the life of me I cannot get devkitppc to compile scummvm, always get a 'searching for c++ compiler... none found' error :/
ICEknight

Post by ICEknight »

I second this request.

I've bought the Special Edition on PC and would love to replay it in this emulator, since it's never going to be released on Wii.

Somebody, pretty please?
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

As far as I am aware, the current buildbot builds now have support for both. They do for the daily PC builds at least, so I assume the Wii buildbot versions will be the same.

http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
ICEknight

Post by ICEknight »

Hey thanks, that does work!

...But I'm getting a lot of sound stuttering in that version with the MT-32 sound enabled, what a shame. :(
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

You probably shouldn't be using the MT-32 sounds in the MI:UTE fanpatch but rather the SE digital sounds (you may have to specify it in the extras directory).

The stuttering is probably related to the fact that the latest MT-32 emulator was put into the daily builds a while back.

I didn't know the Wii was powerful enough to emulate MT-32. Maybe there's a way to hook up your physical MT-32 to it via USB like I do with my linux laptop?
A600

Post by A600 »

tsoliman wrote:I didn't know the Wii was powerful enough to emulate MT-32.
I don't think so. The Wii is slightly more powerful than the original Xbox and this can't handle the MT-32 emu so I very much doubt the Wii can (that should explain the stuttering) On the other hand, the 360 can :)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

It was definitely powerful enough. I did it all the time. That was before, though. I know a few things changed like support for different IOS's (including the one that enables USB2 support, but which I think breaks other things). So it could all be up in the air now. I remember it worked quite well, though.
ICEknight

Post by ICEknight »

Yeah, it always worked full speed in previous versions.

I guess the new MT-32 emulator is more accurate and thus it needs more powerful specs, or something?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Possibly.