The Dig problems on iPad port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cromas

The Dig problems on iPad port

Post by cromas »

Using ScummVM 1.1.1 on iPad and uncompressed audio files copied from my own CD, there is a constant clicking sound in the background that is not there when I run the same data files on my Mac. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: here's an mp3 recording of the game's output for the first 30 seconds after pressing 'Start': http://tinyurl.com/digclicks
Last edited by cromas on Sun May 09, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
cromas

Post by cromas »

Actually, now that I listen closer, this sounds like an audio buffer underflow. Would it require a recompile of the port to fix this, or can the buffer size be increased somewhere?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Changing that would require a recompile yeah, unfortunately. Have you tried with compressed audio instead?
cromas

Post by cromas »

Vinterstum wrote:Changing that would require a recompile yeah, unfortunately. Have you tried with compressed audio instead?
I have, same problem. Thankfully it only lasts for the first 10-20 minutes of the game, then it goes away.
Raoul

Post by Raoul »

Hi all,

Another problem detected for The Dig : I can not maintain the "left mouse button" as it is required at a certain point in the game so I can't go further. Anyone has bypassed this problem ?
Raoul

Post by Raoul »

Ok guys, I found the trick on the iPhone forum.
At least it make me register on this excellent forum.

See you
totalripburger

Post by totalripburger »

Raoul wrote:Ok guys, I found the trick on the iPhone forum.
At least it make me register on this excellent forum.

See you
Such a dyk move. No mention of what forums he's talking about apart from the generic "Iphone forum" and no mention of how he fixed his problem.

Hope karma bites you in the arse.