How do I load Discworld 2?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Wizard Of Odd

How do I load Discworld 2?

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Hi guys,

I've been using ScummVM pretty much since it first came out, so I generally know the basics! But I just wanted to ask - how do I play Discworld 2 on the iPhone port? Or even the PC version actually. I... borrowed... the game and have two disc ISOs. Do I need to actually copy the files from the discs in to a folder and just point ScummVM towards the folder? I seem to remember Broken Sword and COMI being a little more complicated that that.

Any pointers?

Thanks!
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Re: How do I load Discworld 2?

Post by jvprat »

Wizard Of Odd wrote:I... borrowed... the game and have two disc ISOs.

Any pointers?
Buy the game (forum rule #0)
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

>_<

And I'd be in the same situation I am now. How would I go about loading that game on to the iPhone?

EDIT : Ok, I just drove over to the pre-owned games store and bought the game instead of borrowing it. Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Riiiight:)
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Sure I did!

I just love this holier than thou attitude round here though. Sure, I don't agree with posting links to warez, or even discussing how to get them, but I think refusing help to play games once you've got them is pretty lame. I love the fact that anyone can try to take the moral high ground here, and I'd wager that 90% of the users of this forum do not own the original discs for the games they play on ScummVM.

Hah, the irony is, I suppose, that I do actually own all the games I've ever played on ScummVM up until this one. Well, I didn't own it until I just drove down the games store, as I said...

^_^
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

S'alright, I sorted it now anyway. As I thought, just rip all the files off the discs, bung them all in the same folder (after editing a couple of file names), and good to go.
Luther

Post by Luther »

Does Discworld 2 work on iPhone??
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

i have to agree with you, id say about 90% of people here dont actually own the discs, everybody knows where to download them these days
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

It's irrelevant whether you believe everybody here own warez or not, whether you find it ironic or not, whether you understand our reasons or not, or whatever else: Our policy is crystal clear on this matter and allows no exceptions. We do not tolerate people discussing warez here, and we do not give support to anybody who wants to use warez. Deal with it, or go away.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

too many late nights huh?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

... about time to lock this thread.