Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

edken

News from lucas arts

Post by edken »

fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Wrong forums, though. And somewhat redundant, we already have threads on this subject ;).
edken

Post by edken »

It mentions iPhones as a posable distribution method. We know that dev's cant announce games before they are available on the app store.
I think its interesting to hear that its posable that some of the games me and others have been waiting for on the app store could be in the approval line right now.
Also that Lucas Arts are now in the game of building partnerships to help re-release their back catalogue has to be good news!
I have read many posts about people asking if Scummvm could partner with Lucas Arts to develop an official app store version of single games such as FOTAQ as been (which admits on its page that it used the Scummvm engine) so i would have thought this IS the place for a post like this. However if the admins disagree feel more than free to move/remove this post.
But for me i see this as interesting and relevant news.

Pair it with the remake of Monkey Island coming out, the new episodic Tale of Monkey Island and Lucas Arts' new strategies I would be shocked if they don't keep an eye on this forum. So that being said, i think if enough people show interest in an app store version of the games we love it can only make it more likely to happen.

Of cause that would stop people on here shouting at others to jail break their iphones (a course of action many - including myself - feel very uneasy doing no matter how much people shout). It might also lower the users of Scummvm. I like Scummvm, its one of the first things i put on every new computer i get. It went straight on my first smart phone and i'm sad it cant go on my iphone.

This news excited me because at last there may be a chance of having monkey island on my iPhone and i can fight like an iCow.
Sorry if you think its in the wrong place and my opinion is redundant.

edken

Post by edken »