ScummVM iPhone 3.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fungflex

ScummVM iPhone 3.0

Post by fungflex »

I have two questions that I am having a very hard time with:

1) does anyone know for sure if ScummVM is currently compatible with the beta iPhone 3.0? It seems that every time I click the icon it loads and the disappears really quickly. I am running 3.0 beta 5 (7a312g) and Scumm 0.13.1.

2) I cannot seem to get any program to let me access the internal file storage on the iphone, i have tried numerous methods from ftp to iphonebrowser and I cannot seem to get onto the device to copy over some games.

Please if anyone could help it would be appreciated, the only thing my iPhone is missing is a little guybrush!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

0.13.1 isn't compatible with firmware 3.0, no. There's code in SVN to make it compatible, but no builds out with that yet. I'll release a snapshot build well before firmware 3.0 is actually released, but that's currently not too possible since I recently switched the backend to use OpenGL ES and there's a few issues left to resolve there.
fungflex

Post by fungflex »

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate all your hard work on Scumm and look forward to classic lucas arts on my 3.0.

I did figure it was a bit much to ask for this to be functioning on a beta version of the OS and assumed it would come shortly after 3.0 stable was released.

Thanks again strongly appreciate this community!
papperozzo

Post by papperozzo »

One question, there is a date of release of this new compatibily version? on iPhone OS 3.0?