No speech in Monkey Island 3?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vencac

No speech in Monkey Island 3?

Post by vencac »

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me - I copied all the necessary files from the MI3 CDs, as mentioned in the Wiki. When I try to play this version using ScummVM on the PC it works flawlessly.

However, when I load it on my iPhone suddenly the characters don't speak at all. They don't even open their mouths. I tried switching between the different modes (subtitles only, speech only etc.) but without any success. The subtitles are displayed, but Guybrush and the others remain silent.

All the other sounds (the sound of the battle, Wally firing the cannon, music and the sound in the cutscenes) work great.
I've searched this forum and the net and nobody else seems to experience this problem.

Can someone help me please? :(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: No speech in Monkey Island 3?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

vencac wrote:H
However, when I load it on my iPhone suddenly the characters don't speak at all. They don't even open their mouths.
I don't know anything about the iPhone, but that's what happens for me with the Linux version, if the voxdisk1.bun / voxdisk2.bun files are missing.
vencac

Post by vencac »

Yes! You were absolutely right, man! I didn't copy all of the files to the iPhone and I didn't notice that some were missing - it works as a charm now.

Thanks a million! :D