Need help putting games onto iPod touch

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FreakyNipples69

Need help putting games onto iPod touch

Post by FreakyNipples69 »

I just bought a new ipod touch today. It's already jailbroken, ScummVM installed.

However, I can't connect to my ipod touch with FileZilla for some reason, it just won't connect. I tries using iphonelist and iphonebrowser or whatever their names are, and I can't find specific folder that is listed in the sticky instructions to copy game files in.

So any other suggestions on how I can put game files onto my ipod? Thanks in advance.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

You can put the games in whatever folder you want, the mentioned one is just a suggestion. Anywhere in /var/mobile (for space purposes) will do, just create a directory there yourself.

Oh and you probably haven't installed OpenSSH on your phone if you can't connect with SFTP.
FreakyNipples69

Vinterstum wrote: Oh and you probably haven't installed OpenSSH on your phone if you can't connect with SFTP.
Would you have a link to a simple guide on how to properly do that?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

FreakyNipples69 wrote:
Vinterstum wrote: Oh and you probably haven't installed OpenSSH on your phone if you can't connect with SFTP.
There is a sticky on top of this forum named, unsurprisingly, "Installation instructions"
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4752
FreakyNipples69

md5 wrote:
FreakyNipples69 wrote:
There is a sticky on top of this forum named, unsurprisingly, "Installation instructions"
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4752
Like I said in my original post, the sticky didn't help. It's vague and goes on the basis that you know how to use filezilla already.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

FreakyNipples69 wrote:
I assume you have Installer.app? Just go to the list of all packages there, OpenSSH should be in the list.
FreakyNipples69

Vinterstum wrote:
FreakyNipples69 wrote:
I assume you have Installer.app? Just go to the list of all packages there, OpenSSH should be in the list.
For some reason, OpenSSH isn't on the list. Any idea on how to get it on there?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

FreakyNipples69 wrote:
Vinterstum wrote:
FreakyNipples69 wrote: Would you have a link to a simple guide on how to properly do that?
For some reason, OpenSSH isn't on the list. Any idea on how to get it on there?
Hmm... Find and add "Community Sources", then do a refresh in the sources section.