having trouble running DOT

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tush17

having trouble running DOT

Post by tush17 »

I copied the files i needed into any directory.

selected it with scummvm

i get a console msg saying 'error charset 1 not in room 61 at 7716344+3808 in file te'

anyone know how to fix this?

running itouch 1.13
clem

Post by clem »

errors like that often result from broken datafiles - have you tried copying the files off the original CD/disks again?
dzsefi

Post by dzsefi »

hey everyone, I have a problem with installing DOTT's talkie version to a 1.1.4 iPhone. I copied the required files onto the phone, but when I try to add the game to scummvm, it replies "cold not find any game in the specified directory".
I had no trouble getting Curse of Monkey Island recognised, is there a chance that my original fils aren't compatible with scummvm?
I have the following game files (from the DOS CD version):
monster.sou (256.5 mb)
tentacle.000 (8 kb)
tentacle.001 (10.83 mb)

what am I doing wrong? are these files enough?
dzsefi

Post by dzsefi »

what I forgot to mention is that the windows xp version of scummVM recognizes the game without trouble.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

That should be enough, yeah. You sure you're selecting the directory itself when you're telling ScummVM where to find the game, and not inside it?
dzsefi

Post by dzsefi »

Yes, I selected the directory the files are in. That's why I am clueless now, as COMI plays flawlessly. Should i try to acquire another version of the game, or what? :)
HeyItsThatGuy

Post by HeyItsThatGuy »

I suppose the standard answer here is to try copying the files from the CD again.
dzsefi

Post by dzsefi »

re-copied the files 3 times, with no luck... after that, I tried to move them to another directory (var/root/dott instead of var/root/media/dott), and it solved the problem :)

thanks for the help