Ogg support?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

abritinthebay

Ogg support?

Post by abritinthebay »

Is there any likelihood of having Ogg support on the iPhone ScummVM?

Here's my dilemma - all my original games are around 6000 miles away from me (in the UK, I now live in California). As they are technically at my parents house I don't even know if they still exist right now! Anyhow... sensibly I backed all my games up and pre-compressed them with ScummVM tools... unfortunately I did this to OGG, not MP3.

So now I'm stuck. I can play them fine on the PC obviously, and music tracks are no problem to convert, but the monster.sog files are pretty impossible to convert to so3 (if I am wrong, please let me know).

Thoughts anyone? I'd really like to have speach in these... I'd not thought there would be a day I'd curse having compressed into ogg...

(if it's already in there... it a) doesn't seem to work for me and b) doesn't show up in the about box)
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

OGG is most certainly implemented, and is working for pretty much everyone so far.. maybe your files were corrupted in the transfer to your phone?
Arshlan

Post by Arshlan »

Ogg and Mp3 support is working fine in the iphone port
abritinthebay

Post by abritinthebay »

Must have been something on my end. Reinstalling it worked wonders.

I'd also had some random crashes and hangs, so I think my install was just screwed... maybe installer.app failed somewhere originally.