iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
Hazed
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Hazed »

Quick report on Broken Sword 2 as far as I can tell so far, coming from the SoldOut Software retail DVD version.

Starts: YES, Intro movie doesn't load, subtitles do though.
Sound: YES
Playable: Seems to be fully playable
Save/Load: Works perfectly

For the intro movie, it states:

"Cutscene - Narration Only: Press ESC to exit, or visit www.scummvm.org to download cutscene videos"

I have tried both the original mp2 format videos and the dxa compressed ones. Neither load. In which case, I should imagine it means no cutscenes will work yet.

User avatar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 3334
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 am

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Hazed wrote: "Cutscene - Narration Only: Press ESC to exit, or visit www.scummvm.org to download cutscene videos"

I have tried both the original mp2 format videos and the dxa compressed ones. Neither load. In which case, I should imagine it means no cutscenes will work yet.
Odd. That particular wording of the message indicates that ScummVM is compiled with MPEG2 and/or Zlib support - Zlib support is needed for the DXA cutscenes - so one of them should have worked to at least some extent.

The cutscene player looks for the DXA file first (if Zlib is supported), then the MPEG2 file (if MPEG2 is supported). If all else fails, it uses the "narration only" mode.

User avatar
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:59 am

Post by Vinterstum »

The iPhone port has support for all of that (check the About dialog), so it's odd that it's not working (The DXA cutscenes are running fine for me in BS1, at least).

Sure you've got the files in the right spot?

Hazed
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Hazed »

I think so, yeah.

Broken Sword 1 cutscenes work perfectly, and all i did for that was swap out the mp2 files for dxa files in the "Video" folder.

I did the same for Broken Sword 2, I swapped out the mp2 files for dxa files in the Video folder and uploaded it.

I can cope with it though, it's no biggy. But I do love the cutscenes in Broken Sword 2 :)

djgamble
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by djgamble »

Just a quick note that you can complete Beneath a Steel Sky without problems.

The hardest part was near the beginning when you blow up the pipe that has gas coming out of it by pushing a button at the same time that Joey pushes it. The button is soooo small, and I just couldn't hit it in time as it took so long to get my finger on the exact spot. If possible it would be great to have some kind of a "magnet" feature to help out in this situation whereby the cursor acts like a magnet towards clickable objects.

clem
Posts: 2185
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:14 am

Post by clem »

djgamble wrote:Just a quick note that you can complete Beneath a Steel Sky without problems.
which version did you use?
There's release testing going on at viewtopic.php?t=4864

would be great if you could fill in the details there so the "working list" (regardless of platform) for the upcoming 0.11.0 can be extended

Hazed
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Hazed »

Any updates of broken sword 2 yet? It still closes itself down randomly as does bs 1.

User avatar
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:59 am

Post by Vinterstum »

Hazed wrote:Any updates of broken sword 2 yet? It still closes itself down randomly as does bs 1.
I haven't been able to reproduce this one yet.

djgamble
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by djgamble »

Just a query; does anyone else get a crash in Full Throttle in the part just after you've dumped the fertiliser on the road and you're heading back to the mink farm to annoy ripburger's goons so that they get shafted by the fertiliser?

For me it goes into the debugger, so maybe I can help fix the issue if someone can suggest some commands to enter into the debugger? (If this is not already a known issue, or simply a problem with my version of the game).

Edit:
And Clem, I used v.0.0368 cd of Beneath a Steel Sky (absolutely no problems, although I think it crashed once or twice... not re-produceable though and was from a previous SVN build). I'll check the thread that you mentioned later on and see if I can help.

User avatar
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:59 am

Post by Vinterstum »

For crashes like this, it'd be really helpful if you guys could try to check if the same crash happens on another build of ScummVM (daily Win32 build for example), and if so file a bug report.

Remember you should be able to copy savegames over from your iPhone/iPod over to your PC, and load them there (they are in the /var/root/.scummvm directory on the iPhone).

Hazed
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Hazed »

Vinterstum wrote:For crashes like this, it'd be really helpful if you guys could try to check if the same crash happens on another build of ScummVM (daily Win32 build for example), and if so file a bug report.

Remember you should be able to copy savegames over from your iPhone/iPod over to your PC, and load them there (they are in the /var/root/.scummvm directory on the iPhone).
I have completed bs1 and 2 on the win32 version that came on the SoldOut DVD. I will try it on the latest build also.

I have noticed that bs2 crashes just bedore it is supposed to launch a cutscene. (remember the problem I am having with it not recognizing cutscene files?)

It could be that it can't find it and so its crashing. Though it has crashed once before that part when trying to open the door to go to the cafe.

djgamble
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by djgamble »

Thanks for the tip Vinterstum.
I just checked it with the latest .svn for OS X and it also displayed the bug so I assume it's either an issue with my version of Full Throttle, or a bug in ScummVM rather than an iPhone-specific issue. Where do I file the bug report?

User avatar
md5
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Athens, Greece

Post by md5 »

djgamble wrote:Just a query; does anyone else get a crash in Full Throttle in the part just after you've dumped the fertiliser on the road and you're heading back to the mink farm to annoy ripburger's goons so that they get shafted by the fertiliser?

For me it goes into the debugger, so maybe I can help fix the issue if someone can suggest some commands to enter into the debugger? (If this is not already a known issue, or simply a problem with my version of the game).
Have you read the tools README on this?
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... _scumm_san

Have you searched the forums?
viewtopic.php?t=3668

micros
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by micros »

I just tried Legend of Kyrandia 1 and it works fine so far!

- Installed the game, and added one extra file: kyra.dat from the wiki. It started fine, with sound. Playing works, so does quitting.
- Using ScummVM 0.11.0svn on iPhone 1.1.2
- Game version: DOS/German, Floppy version. (Aargh! Yeah, it's German! I'll look up the English one now)

jazzcello
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:13 am

Spy Fox

Post by jazzcello »

On 0.11.0pre on iPhone 1.1.2, I can confirm that Spy Fox 1 (Windows, US English) is fully completable without any palette glitches, etc in both scenarios. Save/Load works perfectly.

Spy Fox 3, however, has a few problems. There are numerous (and when I say numerous, I mean _very_ numerous, but minor) palette glitches, as has been reported for the official ScummVM list, the Save/Load screens work but have graphical glitches, and the game occasionally crashes when trying to skip scenes using "esc". The debug console comes up with something about (and it's a bit difficult to read, so forgive me here) PolyStore and how the max is 200 and it has run out. Also, I had to change InventoryPopY in .scummvmrc to make his pockets/watch accessible.

Post Reply