iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clem

Post by clem »

As for Alone in the Dark reimplementation, there's FiTD. Not sure how playable it is.

edit: ah, Eriktorbjorn already wrote something to that effect in this post. Teaches me to read all new posts before replying :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote:Not sure how playable it is.
The README file says that the first game should be completable, with some big issues.

Back when I tried it, it was completely unusable on my hardware. It uses OpenGL for rendering, and I'm guessing it was trying to use too large textures because the backgrounds were all white. I haven't tried it on my new computer. I don't trust 3D acceleration to be stable on it yet.
mirza

Post by mirza »

I have finished Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3 on the iphone
I have also finished Full throttle (only problem i had was controlling the car at the derby, but finally got through it)
Monkey Island 1 & 2 where Dos games while COMI and Full Throttle were on CD.
I am running Scummvm 0.11.1 on a jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone

:D
Transient

Post by Transient »

I've played Space Quest I (original release) as far as the land skimmer mini-game on an iPod Touch 2.0.

I think an option to bring up onscreen arrow keys would greatly help. About 90% of my swipes register as a diagonal arrow key even when trying my hardest to swipe perfectly straight ;).

Sometimes the menus require tapping several times to register a click. Clicking to dismiss a dialog window always works though.

The keyboard is always in upper case (shift key is down by default) which was a problem when searching for the cartridge near the beginning of the game (search term is "astral body" in lower case). I could work around this by turning the shift key off before each letter. Also, the backspace key does not work (it has no effect).

The game is very playable, up until the skimmer mini-game anyway. Thanks for this great port!

EDIT: Passed the skimmer mini-game after trying enough times to just get lucky ;). Finished the game completely after that, so I can confirm SQ1 is completely playable!
Last edited by Transient on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlayingKarrde

Post by PlayingKarrde »

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream does not work on 0.12.0-pre3. Shows black and stays there.
Ricardodude

Re: Spy Fox

Post by Ricardodude »

jazzcello wrote:On 0.11.0pre on iPhone 1.1.2, I can confirm that Spy Fox 1 (Windows, US English) is fully completable without any palette glitches, etc in both scenarios. Save/Load works perfectly.

Spy Fox 3, however, has a few problems. There are numerous (and when I say numerous, I mean _very_ numerous, but minor) palette glitches, as has been reported for the official ScummVM list, the Save/Load screens work but have graphical glitches, and the game occasionally crashes when trying to skip scenes using "esc". The debug console comes up with something about (and it's a bit difficult to read, so forgive me here) PolyStore and how the max is 200 and it has run out. Also, I had to change InventoryPopY in .scummvmrc to make his pockets/watch accessible.
I have tested Spy Fox 1, 2 and 3 on the iPhone3G on 2.0 firmware, using ScummVM 0.12.0pre

As stated in the quoted post, Spy Fox 1 works fine, while 3 has palette glitches, and is impossible to access inventory without changing settings, or using touchpad mode.

Brief test: Spy Fox 2 seems to have no glitches, but inventory also can't be accessed from normal settings.

I did notice 1 error in Spy Fox 1, that I was unable to reproduce, which was when you click the tattoo guy, and it changes to the view of him, spy fox was still on the screen.

I also briefly tested PuttPutt saves the zoo, and didn't experience any problems, except the cursor was black.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

PlayingKarrde wrote:I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream does not work on 0.12.0-pre3. Shows black and stays there.
Which version? DOS or Mac? What are your system's specs?
DNKROZ

Drascula

Post by DNKROZ »

Hi there.

I've already posted in this forum to share the info with everyone but since it seems that there are no replies I'll post the info here:

Drascula (CD/DOS/Spanish), tracks ripped to OGG - playable BUT with lots of issues

Issues:

- Problem saving or loading since game uses F10 key to setup savegames. You can use the keyboard but it's really difficult to "trigger" the F10 key
- Buggy input, really hard to do the right-click, ESC or change mouse modes at times.
- Slowdowns (I think they are related to the inputs issue) and sometimes game seems "locked" (music continues normaly) and later on, it comes back to life.
- Cursor sometimes disappears from the screen, but few times only.

I have an iPod 2.0.2 with Scummvm 0.12.0 final.

See ya.
derdepp

feeble files

Post by derdepp »

hi
i tried the feeble files, didnt complete though. just the first few minutes.

CD Version
english
Sound ok

playable but fps are a little bad

ScumVM 0.12.0
PlayingKarrde

Post by PlayingKarrde »

md5 wrote:
PlayingKarrde wrote:I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream does not work on 0.12.0-pre3. Shows black and stays there.
DOS. And my system specs are... irrelevent? I'm running it on the iPhone.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

PlayingKarrde wrote:
md5 wrote:
DOS. And my system specs are... irrelevent? I'm running it on the iPhone.
Seems to be an issue with the iPhone port then. Does it work with a desktop version of ScummVM? (i.e. Windows/*nix/MacOS)
PlayingKarrde

Post by PlayingKarrde »

Yeah it works fine with the PC port of ScummVM, but since this is an iPhone compatability thread I was posting about it here.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

PlayingKarrde wrote:Yeah it works fine with the PC port of ScummVM, but since this is an iPhone compatability thread I was posting about it here.
I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with the game engine itself or the iPhone backend
jonrico

COMI on Iphone 2.1

Post by jonrico »

Has anyone played COMI on the iPhone ScummVM port?

I am running scummvm 0.12.0 on firmware 2.1 and COMI crashes for me at the end of intro just as we approach guybrush floating on the sea.

The same game source files work fine with the Windows version of scummvm.

Thanks for any information.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Re: COMI on Iphone 2.1

Post by Vinterstum »

jonrico wrote:Has anyone played COMI on the iPhone ScummVM port?

I am running scummvm 0.12.0 on firmware 2.1 and COMI crashes for me at the end of intro just as we approach guybrush floating on the sea.

The same game source files work fine with the Windows version of scummvm.

Thanks for any information.
I've played COMI all the way through on the iPhone, and I know other people have as well.

Does the ScummVM debug console open up when this happens, with any error messages? Or does it just close?

Unrelated note: I'm going to unsticky this thread. It was mostly relevant back in the early implementation days; new threads should be made for new issues/games.