iPod Touch/iPhone Port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sound too quiet

Post by Vinterstum »

sandman4sure wrote: I'm still waiting for the mp3 support for the cd version of MI1. That intro tune is probably the best music ever used in a game!!
No original copy of MI1 comes with sounds in MP3 format, as far as I know. You wouldn't be using a pirated copy, would you? Assuming you're not, you can just reencode the sound into Ogg format, for now.
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

Vinterstum wrote:
sandman4sure wrote: I'm still waiting for the mp3 support for the cd version of MI1. That intro tune is probably the best music ever used in a game!!
No original copy of MI1 comes with sounds in MP3 format, as far as I know. You wouldn't be using a pirated copy, would you? Assuming you're not, you can just reencode the sound into Ogg format, for now.
as far as I know, the cd version has mp3 music tracks on it.
Lydecker

Post by Lydecker »

So I have Sam and Max running on the iphone.

However I only get sound for the backing music and cut scenes and NOT for the voices in game - is this because they are MP3? Any ideas?

(Also the game has a habit of freezing after long exchanges of text right before the user is given his/her curser back).

Other wise all is working epically, cheers!
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

My Sam&Max CD has no MP3s... Voices are loud and clear. I do get the freezing bug, however.

This could tie in with the high resolution problem that Vinterstum mentioned earlier, though -- Sam&Max is pretty high up there. Curiously, though, FotAQ is also extremely high res and I can play that with no problems (except for not being able to save, due to the required keyboard support). It could be because that's written significantly differently than the LucasArts titles, though.
Lydecker

Post by Lydecker »

TomFrost wrote:My Sam&Max CD has no MP3s... Voices are loud and clear. I do get the freezing bug, however.
Do you get voices working fine though?
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Lydecker wrote:
TomFrost wrote:My Sam&Max CD has no MP3s... Voices are loud and clear. I do get the freezing bug, however.
That's what "Voices are loud and clear" means ;-). But yeah -- everything is beautiful up until about the time the phone rings in Sam & Max's office. ScummVM freezes around when they both dive to answer it.
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

sandman4sure wrote:
Vinterstum wrote:
as far as I know, the cd version has mp3 music tracks on it.
No, wait, the cd version has music tracks on it.
How would I copy that to my iPod? Convert the music tracks to ogg? Will the game still be able to find the music then?
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

games with compressed music can be transcoded freely -- get a copy of Audacity, load the MP3, export it as Ogg Vorbis (keep the same filename, just change the .mp3 to .ogg), put it where the mp3 was, delete the mp3, and the ScummVM will use it without any other changes needed.
compuguy1088

Post by compuguy1088 »

TomFrost wrote:
Lydecker wrote:
That's what "Voices are loud and clear" means ;-). But yeah -- everything is beautiful up until about the time the phone rings in Sam & Max's office. ScummVM freezes around when they both dive to answer it.
I get the voices and the music with Sam and Max, though it freezes at the end of the intro scene, and will not go into the credit roll :(. Though from what you said, it may be related to that issue of resolution.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

compuguy1088 wrote:I get the voices and the music with Sam and Max, though it freezes at the end of the intro scene, and will not go into the credit roll :(. Though from what you said, it may be related to that issue of resolution.
Ah-- I ESC'ed through the beginning scene, so that may be the only reason I got through it. That may actually make the game playable, actually, ESC'ing through the cutscenes ... but then again, that defeats the purpose of Sam&Max ;-)
compuguy1088

Post by compuguy1088 »

TomFrost wrote:
compuguy1088 wrote:I get the voices and the music with Sam and Max, though it freezes at the end of the intro scene, and will not go into the credit roll :(. Though from what you said, it may be related to that issue of resolution.
Ah-- I ESC'ed through the beginning scene, so that may be the only reason I got through it. That may actually make the game playable, actually, ESC'ing through the cutscenes ... but then again, that defeats the purpose of Sam&Max ;-)
How do you ESC in the port??

Edit: nm, found that out in a previous post....
Edit Edit: skipped intro scene, and it froze when they got into the office.....odd....
Edit Edit Edit: Skipped intro, and credits, but it froze when Sam got on the phone and started talking....
sinaloe

Post by sinaloe »

Sam&Max works for me until I hit the rats. Where it freezes and I can not leeve the scene.
SpARC

Post by SpARC »

Got the same problem as compuguy1088.. German Sam&Max/Floppy/DOS
compuguy1088

Post by compuguy1088 »

SpARC wrote:Got the same problem as compuguy1088.. German Sam&Max/Floppy/DOS
The version I'm using is English/CD rom.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

To make Vinter's life easier, let's pull together all the main games and how they run. Please add to this as you test, and update status to "Perfect" if you're able to complete the game entirely on the device with no glitches. (Devs, feel free to silence me and move this to the wiki :) I'm not familiar enough with the format to start up an iPhone platform branch.)

Edit: As to not make this thread any more confusing, this list is now in its own thread: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=28586
Last edited by TomFrost on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.